R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow

Post by vixenmaster »

:lol: Subject Title is the ? Where do you fall inline ? Can you get close enuff to drop rocks on a deers head ? I can & have :lol: Have you ever touched a wild deer ? I have!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Re: R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow

Post by agingcrossbower »

Oh YES, I'd like to touch one if you know what I mean. :shock: :shock: :shock: :)
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I don't know if i would call myself a "good hunter"...that's for other's to decide. I've alway's been a gun hunter who shot a x-bow till gun season came in, but after the 2009 season i vowed i would only hunt with a bow so i could feel the thrill of the hunt again. I hunted with my excal only last year 2 deer, 2 hogs. I haven't used a gun this year, bow only 3 deer. I'm hunting on public land so i can hold my own i guess.
As far as fast bows go to each his own...shoot what you want...if it makes you happy i'm all for it!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
masboy

Post by masboy »

I could have droped a cinder block on many deer from my stands but all were does and small bucks have never been that close too a big buck. so far this year I,ve shot at 6 bucks under 40yds and passed up 5 not counting the ones I seen out of range. last year I shot at 3 and passed up 10 under 40yds.I can find them but killing them this year is frustrating for me.so on big bucks I need a fast bow(piss poor hunter here!!!!)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've made some long shots. 8)

Shot one that was way out about 21 yards away last year. :shock:

Many of them have been 10 yards & under, though. :lol: :lol:
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Don't ask.... :roll:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Can't I be a good hunter who wants a fast bow? :cry: Why must you make me choose? :roll: :twisted:

The closest wild deer I've ever had was about 3 feet from one of my brush blinds. I keep thinking one will get close enough to touch, but not yet. I'm usually in the trees this time of year anyways. I once read where Fred Bear sneaked/crawled up on a deer in its bed and touched it. I always thought that would be the ultimate stalk!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I use to take pride in my ability to stalk, but now I am just happy to be able to walk LOL I use an Exomag because (1) I liked the "Mag" in the name; (2) read an article of a hunter shooting a moose with one in the old HBH so I had to have it and (3) I can still cock it by hand - even with my bum hand.

That being said, and as I wrote before, the old Vixen or Exocet 165 are sweet shooting bows. If I had my druthers, I'd druther have a Black Vixen in my hands in the deep woods than about all others. I just like the solid color and the wingspan is a little less B-52 :D
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

I must be a horrible hunter as I have two fast bows.....is that how it works in your world? Only bad hunters use fast bows?

Wow.....

In my case I use fast bows to throw rediculously heavy arrows slow....so am I a good hunter for using slow arrows or a bad hunter for using a 'nox to throw 'em?

Please let me know....I won't be able to sleep untill I know if I'm a good or bad hunter.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

I've only been hunting once for deer so far, and shot mine from a ground blind at about 25-30 yards with a shotgun slug... That being said the closest one i've been too is the day before when my buddy and i gutted the first 2 we got, we were standing there and a little one walked up with in 10 15 yards watching us stand there!! had time to take reach down and even get a shot at this one, but id call it lucky!!! I bought a fast bow tho, LOL

Now this is not me.... but id call this close!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw5HJaS6GOs
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
JRS

Post by JRS »

"R U a Good Hunter or need a Fast Bow"

Yes :lol:
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

The fastest latest greatest bow. Is not going to help you one speck.When it comes to gettin close to a deer.
Give me my Ibex or Y25 and a patch of woods. And you have a happy hunter.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

My answer would be " Why bring a knife to a gun fight " . :)
Use whatever is legal and turns your crank . I use my old Wolverine as well as my little faster bow . :lol:
Bear in mind we all come from different parts of this huge continent . Some places have very liberal amounts of tags . Then there are others who only have one tag .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

I can't see more than 30 yards in most of my hunting spots. Most of my shots, with any weapon, are under 20 yards. Most are under 10 yards. I have returned to more ground hunting the last few years, and this is the ultimate challenge. Get up close and personal at eye level with some of the hardest hunted, public land whitetails in the country.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I just hunted and it was a guided hunt. Sat in stands that were positioned for a right hander in which I am a lefty. Its bring your own cushion or sit on steel from dark to dark. Climbed hills that damn near killed me and left me dripping with sweat. Have seen three deer total, one was a very large buck fawn and the rest does. All were out there at 30 to 40 yards. Been accused of going on a canned hunt I and saw and shot at jack crap. Did'nt matter what I shot because I took home a full quiver. Now we got vixenmaster with a big head letting people know how good he is and how bad we are. Life is good, enjoy your hunt.