A smoke house build along(Pics added)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

A smoke house build along(Pics added)

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I am feeling fairly well right now and have decide to make myself a smoke house. I have had the material that I need. I have had it stored in my shed for 3 or 4 years and now that I have the time I figure it would be a good time to make it. Then I could smoke anything I want to smoke. And then maybe make a few dollars smoking haddock and other kinds of fish to sell also. I cannot smoke any deer meat because it was a bust for me this year. I thought I might as well do a build along. Anyone interested in seeing a smokehouse build along?
Raymond
Last edited by Raymond on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louvp

Re: A smoke house build along

Post by Louvp »

Sure,why not. I always like watching people work.I was gonna try & make some deer jerky for the 1st time. I dont have a smoker yet.was gonna just buy one.was gonna try to make the jerky in the oven for the 1st time. My nephew makes awesome deer jerky,it doesn't last long in my house when he gives it to me. So I'm gonna try & shoot a deer next week during winter bow & make the whole thing into jerky.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
spike

Post by spike »

you bet !
ROGER
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Have a safe hunt and a successful hunt. I have never had any deer jerky either but they tell me it is good. Good Luck and go get that deer.
Raymond
buckdeer

Post by buckdeer »

yes i would like to see you build a smokehouse
KILL SWIFTLY & APPOLOGIZE TO NO ONE
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

hammer away and get the camera :D
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Good to hear that your feeling well Raymond. I would certainly be interested in following along on you smokehouse build.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck with the smokehouse. I saw where you posted you haven't had deer jerky good deer jerky is hard to beat. I use a dehydrator to make mine it seems to work better for me that way, in about 8-10 hours I have some great tasting jerky.

I am also glad you are doing well, I will be waiting on some pics on the build along.

Eric
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
noons

Post by noons »

Count me in!
I've made jerky in the oven. It comes out pretty good. Just make sure you put your oven on the lowest setting and I always use a stick to keep the oven door open a little.
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

We make it in the oven also. I use a pop bottle cap to keep door ajar just hang it on the switch you can open door to check on jerky and the cap stays in place. I have a small smoker but my jerky making is done mostly in the winter months and the oven is more user friendly (for me) that time of the year.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Build it & we shall watch, i don't have a smoker or a smokehouse. So i either can or freeze the deer n hog meat
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sounds interesting . . .go for it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
maple

Post by maple »

You talkin hot smoker, cold smoker, or dual purpose?

If you have easy access to it, smoked mackeral is one of my favourites. Willie Krauch doesn't live near close enough to me. It's all sold before it gets here.

Go for it.

Maple
vhntr1

Post by vhntr1 »

Sounds good love to smoke pork butts !
Raymond

Re: A smoke house build along(Pics added)

Post by Raymond »

As many of you know I am not all that well so it takes me time to get things done. Here is two walls that are framed and ready to be planked. Image
The base is a wood furnace that I took out of my house when my house needed a bigger furnace and I saved it. Yes I might be cheating a bit but I think it will make a nice smoke house.I have all of the controls that goes with it and the thermostat also. There is two compartments to this furnace. The bottom compartment is the fire box and the top compartment is the smoke box where the smoke would go to the chimney. I am going to put a damper in the stove pipe to control the amount of smoke. The smoke house is going to be sitting on top of the furnace. It is going to be 4 feet high, 45" long by 20" wide. I should be able to get the other two walls framed up and then board the four walls up tomorrow. I never got a great deal done today because I had to gather all the materials and bring them from the shed to the door of my workshop in the basement. Any ideas and comments would be more than appreciated. This is going to be my first smokehouse build.
Thanks,
Raymond