lumenocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

lumenocks

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D i just bought an lumenock for my carbon firebolt, and was wondering if there is a easy way of taken out the old for lumenock. thanks guys and girls.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Boo

Re: lumenocks

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Easiest way of taking out the old aluminum insert is take a target point and screw it into the back of the insert. Heat it up with a lighter or "lightly" with a propane torch, just enough to where you can pull the insert out. APPLY THE HEAT TO THE PRACTICE TIP, NOT THE SHAFT! Remember, you want just enough heat to soften the glue to be able to pull the insert out, which usually means you'll heat for a little while, pull with a pair of pliars, heat a little more, pull, heat, etc.

After the insert comes out, take a .38 cal bore brush and "brush" the inside of the shaft a few times. This will help remove any excess glue and smooth the shaft so the Luminock will turn on/off easily.

Of course, all of this can be avoided by just getting the Firbolt arrows with the Luminocks already installed in them. :mrgreen: I figured it up once and it's actually a little cheaper to go that route instead of buying the Firebolts and the Luminocks separately. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D thanks guys, i did the heat trick, and it came out fine. i bought just one nock to see if i like them,and how hard it was to install them.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

maine hunter wrote::D :D thanks guys, i did the heat trick, and it came out fine. i bought just one nock to see if i like them,and how hard it was to install them.
Push the nock in until it lights up and stays on and then either take your fingers or a pair of pliars and pull it out, wiggling it back and forth just enough to turn it off. From that point, when you shoot it, the pressure of the string hitting it when you pull the trigger should turn it on each time. :wink:

If it doesn't, take the nock out and clean the inside of the shaft out some to smooth it out.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Big58cal wrote: I figured it up once and it's actually a little cheaper to go that route instead of buying the Firebolts and the Luminocks separately. :wink:
I did some quick math a few weeks ago also and decided it was not worth it to do it myself. If I remember correctly it was $52 for 3 arrows with the luminocks installed, and if I did it myself it was $24 for 3 arrows plus $30 for 3 luminocks.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

oh you can bet on that ken, i'm doing the count down for deer and bear season. i'm like a kid at christmas, can't sleep the night before, and get up early.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Can the batteries be replaced in the Lumenok's used in the GT Laser II arrows?
Thanks,
Raymond
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

hi raymond, i just bought one, and it say's no replaceing the batterys in it, but it's good for 40 hours use. i really like it. i plan on getting more of them soon.