wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Re: wraps

Post by nchunterkw »

Hi Jody,
Yes I have fletched just one fletching back onto an arrow using the Arizona EZ fletch. You just have to feed the 2 good vanes into the first 2 arms a little tricky but not that big a deal - even with feathers. Then on the 3rd arm you just do it like normal and clamp it down. Accuracy is fine. I have been doing LOTS of experimanting and have found the 4" vanes to be a bit less accurate than the 2" types (Blazers, Fusions, or Gateway Rayzr feathers). And I was fletching my 4" vanes with about a 1/16th offset. I really think the accuracy (and stability with a fixed blade) improvements come mostly because with a 2" fletch, the fletching is effectively 2" farther away from the arrow center, ths making them much more effective at flight stabilization.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

jody5252 wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:Don't use wraps because I don't like the residue on the rail, or having to replace all 3 vanes if 1 gets damaged, or the added weight at the back of the arrow. I am going the other way, using Gateway Rayzr feathers (all 3 weigh 4.2grains). Had no problems fletching aluminum or carbon with vanes (use Gorilla glue - blue top) or feathers (use Gateway adhesive).
My method is;
strip old fletchings with razor knife
buff arrow with fine steel wool
clean arrow and fletch with isopropyl alcohol
fletch using Arizona EZ Bolt using adhesive shown above.
can honestly say that i have never only refletched one vane back on an arrow. i use a bitzenburger with straight clamp jig. you still have an accurate arrow by doing it like that??
hey my friend, you just sold me one one of these.(arizona ez bolt) by the time i start my shooting in aug. i will have one of these. not sure if i want to switch to the 2" vanes though,( blazers, fusions) going to look into it. i use a fixed blade head 125 gr. magnus stingers. excellent flight with the 4" vanes. would be very concerned about getting the same results...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

nchunterkw wrote:Hi Jody,
Yes I have fletched just one fletching back onto an arrow using the Arizona EZ fletch. You just have to feed the 2 good vanes into the first 2 arms a little tricky but not that big a deal - even with feathers. Then on the 3rd arm you just do it like normal and clamp it down. Accuracy is fine. I have been doing LOTS of experimanting and have found the 4" vanes to be a bit less accurate than the 2" types (Blazers, Fusions, or Gateway Rayzr feathers). And I was fletching my 4" vanes with about a 1/16th offset. I really think the accuracy (and stability with a fixed blade) improvements come mostly because with a 2" fletch, the fletching is effectively 2" farther away from the arrow center, ths making them much more effective at flight stabilization.
seriously thinking about trying this! iuse stinger fixed blades 125 gr. was not sure if 2" vanes would stabalize a larger head. thanks for the info.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks