New models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

claytonfaulkner

New models

Post by claytonfaulkner »

When can we expect to see new crossbow models from excalibur? I am looking at getting a crossbow this year but excalibur seems to be a little behind what other manufactures are offering. Take the flagship equinox for example, another manufacture has 2 recurve bows that shoot faster than this, have the same life time warranty, and supposed to be just as accurate.

Just wondering if we can expect anything new this year or next, other than a new paint scheme or accessory package.
maine hunter

Re: New models

Post by maine hunter »

my thinking is, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
dsal

Post by dsal »

maine hunter wrote:my thinking is, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
I agree then again I'm not a speed freak, my vortex is more than enough speed than I need. Rather have confindence in where I'm going to put my arrow. These crossbows will also last many year. Still shooting my 20 year Exocet like it was new. If I can't kill what animals i hunt deer, moose, etc with what I have something is wrong.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

claytonfaulkner wrote:When can we expect to see new crossbow models from excalibur? I am looking at getting a crossbow this year but excalibur seems to be a little behind what other manufactures are offering. Take the flagship equinox for example, another manufacture has 2 recurve bows that shoot faster than this, have the same life time warranty, and supposed to be just as accurate.

Just wondering if we can expect anything new this year or next, other than a new paint scheme or accessory package.
Only advice i can give you would be to buy something other than Excalibur if you dont think they have what your looking for and by all means come back and tell us all about it when you do,As for me Excalibur is 2nd to None :)
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Speed kills: bows, arrows, strings, serving, targets and, occasionally, even a deer. Been up the speed ladder and stopped at 365 fps. Found that accuracy is very sporadic arrow to arrow unless they each have the same spine, vane pattern etc. Still enjoy messin with my speed bow but the Phoenix and Vortex get most of the hunting and target shooting duty. BOTH are accurate to a fault, rugged, easy to maintain, dependable and, above all, consistently accurate. Learned the hard way not to buy a bow newly on the market. (What made me turn to Excal). Manufacturers tend to push the release and often have not worked out the bugs.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

How fast do you want a recurve crossbow to shoot?

Excal is one of the few crossbow companies that I trust with my hard earned money. That means far more to me than a extra 10fps. Tried and true. Good ol Excalibur.

Ask vixenmaster how many deer hes killed with his slooooooooow vixen!! :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
joe171

Post by joe171 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Claton F :D :D :D :D :D
I`m glad Bill T didn`t take that position or we would still be shooting the Wolverine and the Exocet

Joe171 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

That's quite a post for your first!

From my experience I know Excalibur does not announce a new product until it's ready to hit the market running.
Many others announce new products but you can't find them on the shelf in a store or they don't live up to the hype.

If you are in the market right now, then you will have accept what is available at this time.
The main hunting season will be upon us shortly and we all take this time to be sure we are ready.

Stick around and keep us updated.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Ont_Excal wrote:That's quite a post for your first!

From my experience I know Excalibur does not announce a new product until it's ready to hit the market running.
Many others announce new products but you can't find them on the shelf in a store or they don't live up to the hype.

If you are in the market right now, then you will have accept what is available at this time.
The main hunting season will be upon us shortly and we all take this time to be sure we are ready.

Stick around and keep us updated.
Hay ont you got too admit it does have me wondering what the boys at Excal have on the cooking on the stove :D :D :D

Joe171
claytonfaulkner

This was meant to be a serious question, not any sort of jab at Excalibur.

Who ever sent me a private message, I can't read it for some reason.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

It will be this next spring before Excal will introduce a new model or change in model lineup
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
claytonfaulkner

vixenmaster wrote:It will be this next spring before Excal will introduce a new model or change in model lineup
Is that speculation or can we really expect to see a new model next year?
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Just my opinion but I am happy with what they have. It is nice to see a few of the cheaper kits that were created to allow other folks that might not otherwise be able to afford a new Excalibur the opportunity to own their own piece of heaven. And to continue with new accessories coming out from time to time is nice addition to their line up.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

claytonfaulkner wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:It will be this next spring before Excal will introduce a new model or change in model lineup
Is that speculation or can we really expect to see a new model next year?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a new model. I am curious as to what yer looking for ? They are all alike just diff poundage
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

claytonfaulkner wrote:another manufacture has 2 recurve bows that shoot faster than this, have the same life time warranty, and supposed to be just as accurate.
Who is this company you speak of?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string