Pleased with Purchase

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mcgyvermark

Pleased with Purchase

Post by mcgyvermark »

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for over a year, and I posted a question last December, but it took a tax refund check to put an Exocet in the budget and on my doorstep (thank you Horizontal Archery:)

It took me a number of shots to settle into consistent cocking and trigger release procedures. I was surprised that the size of my groups did not increase much between 20 and 30 yards.

After about 60 shots I felt confident enough to try some freehand shots. I figured that I'd be shaking badly enough to not have to aim at different points on the target. It was dark enough that I was having trouble seeing where the arrows were impacting and was just happy to hear it hit the target. Fortunately there was no damage but I think I'll heed the wise advice given frequently on the forum about not shooting at the same point twice.

Here's a question I think I know that answer to already: does the polishing job folks do on the catches to preserve the serving have any positive effect on the trigger 'creep' or grinding sensation in the trigger?

So far I'm loving the Exocet and I bought it with confidence thanks to this forum.

Mark
Exocet
S5
strum

Re: Pleased with Purchase

Post by strum »

welcome to the forum Mark..looks like some fine shooting to me.
as for your question about the trigger..check out this site if you havent already.
theres lots of great info and advise that answers those questions. Boo is a realy nice guy too and im sure he will be glad to help ..
http://boocustomstrings.com/home.html
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
rich l

Post by rich l »

I had the same problem with "creep and grinding" with my trigger. I sent mine to Boo and now the trigger works flawlessly. No more "creep and grinding". Boo does great work.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats on your excal & welcome to the family!! :D :D
After a few hundred shots the trigger on my voretx seems to have smoothed out, still a little creep but smoother than when i first shot it.
Nice shooting but if you keep that up your next purchase from danny will be some arrow's!! :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Mark,
Congratulations to the forum and for purchasing the best brand of crossbow on the market today in my opinion. Looks like your ready to do some hunting. By the way, I think you already know now not to shoot for the same hole, :) .
Raymond
Normous

Post by Normous »

Good shooting!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D good shooting. that one thing i learned, after you buy one, you can't put it down.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome and congrats on your new Exocet.
Happy hunting and safe shooting. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

hey mark congrats on the purchase; i'm from erie also, got my vortex not to long ago been shooting the heck out of it love it been fletching my own arrows 2219s,blazer vanes,70 gr brass inserts,125gr tips shooting 285 fps; these arrows fly very nice.
give Daves Archery a look very well stocked, out on station rd.
it isn't how fast the arrow flies rather how dead the critter is when the arrow finds your mark(spot). enjoy
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
wapiti_wacker

Post by wapiti_wacker »

Congrats on your Exocet , tax refund put mine on my doorstep as well , since I have gotten it I can't stop shooting it all ready have to reserve my string and I have only had it since the end of Feburary . Great shooting and welcome .
Exocet 200
Flemish string
S 5 suppression
Hi my name is Mark and I AM an Elkaholic .....