using Arizona bolt fletcher

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

using Arizona bolt fletcher

Post by masboy »

I done my first old arrow for practice on my new Fletcher and what a mess never seen so much glue on an arrow before!!! it mite be a record!!! got to go easy on the glue from now on!!! but looks like a great helix and very even a lot better than my bohning tower jig. looks like it,s made for a arrow with a nock like a regular bow has but I don,t know so I just put the arrow in with my flat nock on it and it looked great except for all the glue. I think I will love it with a little more practice and less glue!!!!!
Normous

Re: using Arizona bolt fletcher

Post by Normous »

Yup, more practice less glue.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i got mine today. i was amazed at how much twist it put in a 2in vane. cant wait to shoot them .
houser52

Post by houser52 »

Have you guys shot any arrows yet that have been fletched with the bolt fletcher?

My AZ uses the arms for aluminum shafts and a 4 degree offset. Field points fly great and broadheads fly good.

I've been thinking about getting the Bolt arms to go on mine if they will be of any benefit. They sure sound good and the arms aren't that expensive if you already have the AZ EZ fletch base.

Be sure to let us know how they do.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Trx480Ryan

Post by Trx480Ryan »

I have one, the ez bolt, and ive found it only takes about as much of a shine on the vane with the glue, otherwise you get the mess, ice only recently tried it and stripped the stock firebolts and used the jig with the blazers, only shot them a dozen times at 20 yards, and am happy so far!
2011 Excalibur Equinox With Quiver and Varizone
Remington 870 With Camera Mount
Ruger 10/22 With Scope and See through Mounts
2004 Trx450r with a little work.
1995 Ranger with a little work.
masboy

Post by masboy »

I done some more and went light on the glue I used a tooth pick to spread it thin and it turned out great! I,m going to test my arrows first with the 3inch fusions that came on them then there getting blazers from the Arizona and see what kind of grouping I get with each. the amount of helix it puts on them sure looks good to me.I already shot the fusions in the wind today and the wind blew them off more than my blazers but the fusions have very little offset.
CAPGUN

Post by CAPGUN »

That is what I have been useing and It makes some nice shooting arrows.I just put in the knock set it in, and glue .
If I was any better they would have to beat me sensless with an ugly stick
Normous

Post by Normous »

The "Bolt" arms are $15 for the set and a great bang for the buck if you already have a EZ fletcher. This is probably the last fletcher I will ever need or own.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

enormous wrote:The "Bolt" arms are $15 for the set and a great bang for the buck if you already have a EZ fletcher. This is probably the last fletcher I will ever need or own.
That's what I did. I had 2 EZ Fletchers, one right offset and one straight. I replaced the arms on the straight one with Bolt arms. Haven't used it yet but will be doing up some arrows soon. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

EZ Bolt for crossbows that do the 2 inch Blazers has 3 degree offset, I put just a drop of gorilla blue top super glue on the vane and use a toothpick to spread lot less glue means a lot neater job. They shot awsome they look like they a spinning a mile a minute, and accuracy is unbelievable.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
houser52

Post by houser52 »

Mark Rainbolt wrote:EZ Bolt for crossbows that do the 2 inch Blazers has 3 degree offset, I put just a drop of gorilla blue top super glue on the vane and use a toothpick to spread lot less glue means a lot neater job. They shot awsome they look like they a spinning a mile a minute, and accuracy is unbelievable.
God Bless,
Mark
With a lot of spin, do the arrows loose any velocity compared to vanes with less offset or straight fletch?
Just curious.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Normous

Post by Normous »

houser52 wrote: With a lot of spin, do the arrows loose any velocity compared to vanes with less offset or straight fletch?
Just curious.
A slight loss in fps after 40 yards, so, not much concern there.
You will find that the "EZ Bolt" 2" fletch performs better in a cross wind too. I used to hold into the wind a bit but not anymore under 25 yards.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Got me a Excal Phoenix on the way and plan to do some blazer vanes on my bolts. Will be getting me an arizona fletcher soon. Thanks for the info!!!! This will really help this soon to be first time fletcher
Proverbs 3:5-6
houser52

Post by houser52 »

enormous wrote:
houser52 wrote: With a lot of spin, do the arrows loose any velocity compared to vanes with less offset or straight fletch?
Just curious.
A slight loss in fps after 40 yards, so, not much concern there.
You will find that the "EZ Bolt" 2" fletch performs better in a cross wind too. I used to hold into the wind a bit but not anymore under 25 yards.
Thanks. I guess I am going to have to order the bolt arms for
My AZ.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
CAPGUN

Post by CAPGUN »

hankenhunter wrote:Masboy, what kind of glue do you use?
Hank
Carbon express, crazy glue kind
If I was any better they would have to beat me sensless with an ugly stick