Don't buy the Caldwell Bipods for Excalibur Crossbows (PICS)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gigahertz21

Don't buy the Caldwell Bipods for Excalibur Crossbows (PICS)

Post by Gigahertz21 »

I bought the Caldwell XLA Pivot bipod (http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Pivot-Mo ... 372&sr=8-6) and got it in the mail yesterday.

I installed the bipod on my Excalibur Axiom so that the legs of the bipod point towards me like the picture I took below:

Only problem with that is the buttons on each of the bipod legs to extend them are pushing against the foregrip of the Excalibur so if you put any pressure at all against it they instantly spring out. Pictures are below with 1 of the 2 buttons circled red:

If I install the bipod though so that the bipod legs point away from me like the 1st picture below shows then there is no way to put my foot in the stirrup on the crossbow to cock it, the only way to cock it would be to extend the bipod legs every time like in the 2nd picture below and that would be kind of a pain. I'd eventually probably step on one of the bipod legs after cocking the crossbow and break it off.

I heard Excalibur is working on a bipod for their crossbow line, so I guess I'll have to wait until that comes out to get one that fits right perhaps. But does anybody have suggestions on what I can do with the bipod I have to make the spring buttons not push against the Excalibur foregrip which causes the legs to shoot out? What bipod would fit my Axiom correctly?