rage bh

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

rage bh

Post by maine hunter »

just got to try the new 125 grain, crossbow rage today. they fly great. i started at 20, then 30 yards, and they were hitting just as my fieldpoints were. i really like them. i think i have a new hunting bh.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
georgiaboy

Re: rage bh

Post by georgiaboy »

I used rage for half a season...flew great & killed one doe with them. Had an awesome blood trail and a huge hole in the deer but the darn things wouldn't quit opening up in my quiver. :evil: Went back to my spitfires.
Good luck & keep us posted on your results. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

is this the new chisel tip one??
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

crazyfarmer, they are the 2 blade,rear deploying,1.75 cutting diameter. slipcam broadhead.made for crossbows,never used rage before, but so far im impressed by them.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

ive been shooting the 3 blades for about 3 years and love them. I just see they came out with 2 new styles for this year. I like that chisel tip look but that new 2 blade with the 2.2inch cut looks sick!
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

have you had any thing go wrong with them, like not opening up, or not all the way? just wondering, new to these one's.
Normous

Post by Normous »

maine hunter wrote:have you had any thing go wrong with them, like not opening up, or not all the way? just wondering, new to these one's.
I have taken 10 deer with the Rage 3. All except one dropped between 10 and 50 yards, 9 out of 10 were double lung hits.
All hits left very good entry and exit holes and that tells me that expansion was 100%. Blood trails were Very Good!

I always check blade seating in the o-ring before loading an arrow on deck. Quiver seating and removal or travel may dislodge a blade from the o-ring in some cases. This step may not be for everyone, fixed blade is the way to go for those.

Over the last 2 years I use a dental elastic over the forward section of blade to ensure positive blade seating . This is perfectly acceptable.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

I always check blade seating in the o-ring before loading an arrow on deck. Quiver seating and removal or travel may dislodge a blade from the o-ring in some cases. This step may not be for everyone, fixed blade is the way to go for those.

Over the last 2 years I use a dental elastic over the forward section of blade to ensure positive blade seating . This is perfectly acceptable.

enormous,
i have used the 2 blade for years with great results. checking the blades to be sure they are seated before loading the arrow only takes a couple seconds, rage has came out with a new oring style that is supposed to prevent the blades from unseating. i emailed the company last week and was told these new retainers/orings shud be available soon and the smaller stores may have them already.
i was told by other rage users to use the dental elastics to prevent premature opening when shot but i have never eperienced this problem but it does seem like good insurance, just to be safe. can these dental elastics be gotten without a trip to the dentist?
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
roly

Post by roly »

I also use the three blade rage.
I have never had one open in flight or not open properly on contact

The blades coming out of the Orings is a bit of a Pita
but to me the over all performance of the bh is so good having to check the blades is no big deal.

The new Orings will be a welcoming sight.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Deaf jeff, the two blade Rage has positive cutout in the blade edge that seats to the o-ring much better. The 3 blade does not have this feature yet and may not in the future according to my last email to Rage. That is why I use the dental elastic. I walked into a local Orthodontic office and they gave me a 100 pack of elastics free. It may be worth a chance to visit one.
If I was buying a new Rage broadhead today for deerhunting it would be the new X-Treme 2.3" cut 2 blade. This has all the new features.

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/Products/Xtreme.php
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

the ones i have are 2 blade, they seem to click into the o-rings in the back,they fit real snug in them. can't wait till i use them.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have used the 3 blades as well and killed 9 deer with them in 3 years. I have also used the dental rubber bands that you could pick up at any drug store. Several of my friends used the 2 blades and had problems of blades breaking after shot through deer so they switced to the 3 blades as well.

The biggest problem I had was changing the blades and trying to save money. The blades were a real pain to try and get out with the small allen screws that held them in. I'm trying Slick Tricks this year because I am getting the same accuracy out of these fixed blade head as well and the blades change out very easy of them.

I heard the new Rages are redesigned and are better than the originals.

Good Luck
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D i can see what you mean about the blade changing. very small screws. as far as blades breaking, if i get a nice clean kill,and my blades break, i'm still going to do a jig in the woods!! i't will be my first deer with crossbow.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

maine hunter wrote::D :D i can see what you mean about the blade changing. very small screws. as far as blades breaking, if i get a nice clean kill,and my blades break, i'm still going to do a jig in the woods!! i't will be my first deer with crossbow.
I'll trade a broadhead for a deer any day!!! 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Normous

Post by Normous »

Me too.
Matrix 355