rage bh

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: rage bh

Post by j.krug »

I started with Rage 2's awhile back and picked up the Rage Crossbow 125's last year. The blade retention on the Rage Crossbows seems to be a bit more positive than the 2's. I am very pleased with both of them and man are they ever effective! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

j.krug wrote:I started with Rage 2's awhile back and picked up the Rage Crossbow 125's last year. The blade retention on the Rage Crossbows seems to be a bit more positive than the 2's. I am very pleased with both of them and man are they ever effective! :)
I've had some blood trails that were pretty awesome and some that were ok. It seems if I take an angled shot the entry hole is much bigger than usual which leaves a great blood trail. If you make a great shot the deer doesn't hardly get out of your sight before it is dead.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i just cant deal with blades opening in my quiver. i seen a lot of these shows where the pros shoot rage.not to impressed with the lack of penetration. my son was using them he loved them he lost two deer last year.he going to spitfires this year.myself i will go with grim reaper or a spitfire
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Shot Rage 2 blades for a few years in OH and NC and took a few deer with them. When I got a pass thru the blood trails were awesome - but on bigger deer the penetration was not good at all and I lost a nice buck because of it. He was under 10 yards and I got about 7" of penetration on a shot right behind the shoulder. I will not be using them anymore. In fact I gave all the rest I had to a buddy who shoots a vert bow. For me it's a quality arrow with 2" fletchings and a 15% to 20% FOC with a quality fixed blade.

My buddy has no issues with them out of his vert bow. I think this is because his arrows stabilize much quickwer than xbow bolts. And for that reason I am not a fan of the Rage in a xbow.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
srhall32

Post by srhall32 »

Three of us used the 125 grain 2 blades last year. All of us shooting Equinox with Firebolts....I shot a decent 8 point through both lungs with good broadhead performance, opening on contact and passing through between ribs in and out. Deer ran 150 yards [guess] and down . Max shot very large buck in East. Md....loud crack and arrow broke at broadhead...no penetration...no blood...deer not recovered. We wrote it off as shoulder blade ...Max insisted ribs behind shoulder..no more Rage heads for him...Chris, my son, had big 11 point on him broadside at 20 yards, perfect shot, loud crack and no penetration, Deer left with arrow hanging down at wierd angle...no blood and dog trailed too far to think of recovery....5 days later same buck is on trail camera with bald spot behind foreleg and 2 little cuts on hide. Same deer back to bait many time but stayed nocturnal rest of season.....we paid dearly for a lesson...now 2219's and 125 Slick Tricks..read reviews on basspro or Cabelas...we should have...junk!