awesome crossbow 165 lb sent to australia

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

awesome crossbow 165 lb sent to australia

Post by blackjack »

g'day well l worked out photo bucket & about time ah..well quite a few months back l put an add on the forum looking for older model excalibur crossbows well me o'l mate mark (bdog) who is in regular contact with me through email sent me a message & pictures of what he had so l jumped at it, it was a 165 lb exocet with carved limb tips, awesome l got the permit no worries he told me the price for the bow-scope-quiver & scope cover & disipertator bars they were an ad on & l jumped at it $400 l could not believe it ah, postage was the killer $200 to australia but l new postage would be that high $600 all up but l wanted that bow regardless l tryed to send mark the money but he said no way l'll send you the bow first & you can check it out which he did after waiting for the permit b709b or should l say customs the permit was the easy bit things had changed abit for me he said no worries no rush just pay it off which l have done in about 4 weeks it took to pay for & man what a great bow. its like brand new you cant beat the flat riser & carved limb tips in my opinion anyhow. & thats trust you cant beat that either. thats the type of people that are here on the forum, great stuff. thanks again markImageImage
Last edited by blackjack on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
mr meat

Re: awesome crossbow 165 lb sent to australia

Post by mr meat »

Congrats to you on the new bow!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'm pleased that you got your bow and you like it.

You have to have a permit for it? That's pathetic.

What got me into crossbows was the suggestion (thankfully it stopped at just a suggestion) that Canada was going to require registration of crossbows. If the government thought we shouldn't have crossbows, that's when I was determined to get one. Funny thing, the same thing happened with air pistols. There was a suggestion that they were going to have to be registered. That's when I decided I must have one. The government has to stop trying to keep stuff away from me because my defiance costs me money each time.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

that,s a fine looking bow ! I would like one of them myself to shoot and hunt with.
bdog

Post by bdog »

Hey Frank,it sure looks good mate,ya take some nice pics,looks like it's enjoying it's new home and owner,hope you're gettin some shootin time in and not workin so hard,I still have a soft spot for that bow,Im going to miss her......glad she found a good home
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Very nice model you picked up on congrats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I am glad you finally found your bow. I know you have been looking for awhile now. It is a shame the crossbow regs over there are so tight on you folks. Post some pics of her on the range, I will bet she shoots as good as she looks.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

bigredopie wrote:I am glad you finally found your bow. I know you have been looking for awhile now. It is a shame the crossbow regs over there are so tight on you folks. Post some pics of her on the range, I will bet she shoots as good as she looks.
yeah its a joke ah but mate this bow is awesome (faultless)
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Masboy wrote:that,s a fine looking bow ! I would like one of them myself to shoot and hunt with.
mate there is a diffrence between mag & carved limb tip models l,m telling ya there just so much better to shoot ah :wink:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your new xbow to you of course. Bdog sold you an awesome looking xbow.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Dash

Post by Dash »

Looks really nice Frank,
How many is that now... If the Zombies take over Aust I'm heading to your place for a safe haven :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

blackjack wrote:
Masboy wrote:that,s a fine looking bow ! I would like one of them myself to shoot and hunt with.
mate there is a diffrence between mag & carved limb tip models l,m telling ya there just so much better to shoot ah :wink:
About a year and a half ago I bought a used carved tip Exocet off e-bay for a bargain.It is in nice shape but not mint or anything, it shows a few honest use marks from hunting but not much.I bought it with the intent of reselling to make a few bucks to feed the rest of the Excal addiction.After I got it I found it needed a string. I got a "Super String" (dacron flemish) from Danny Miller and decided to shoot it to see how it shot before I listed it for sale.Well..... I still have not listed it! I used it all during turkey season this past year and got a fair tom.Its balance is completely different than the new bows. It feels much lighter but I dont think it is some how.At Boofest I asked a lot of folks why the different feel, What weighs less and so forth.I was told the limbs are approx. the same weight and the mach. riser is not any heavier than the old cast one.I realize its a little shorter than my Exomax, but the "feel" is worlds apart and I cant explain it, and nobody, including Danny Miller, could give me any definative answer.
I am sold on mine.So much for makin' any money, huh. There were several carved tips at Boofest, and other than having to use a dacron string, I have NEVER heard a bad word about one.They are REALLY nice bows.