More Fun with Camo-Form

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

More Fun with Camo-Form

Post by IronNoggin »

I've harbored a desire for a Ruger 10-22 ever since one of my college Buddies got one way back when. Fun little gun to shoot, reliable as all get out and Accurate to boot! So when one recently came up for sale at a decent price, I simply HAD to bite! LOL!

The rifle came with the action and barrel camo-parkerized, and a full camo stock. Looked kinda neat, but the polished silver stainless 3-9 Bushnell on top certainly looked out of place. So, I wandered down and picked up another roll of the Camo-Form I used to dress up the ExoMax, and went to work. Wrapped the scope, the pistol grip and forearm. Didn't need to do the latter two, but that fabric certainly is a LOT better to the touch than the original hard composite stock!

Turned out pretty good methinks:

Only issue now is NOT to set it down in the bush and wander more than a few feet away! :shock:

Took it out for a "Test Run" last night, and as these little Shooters are known for, it produced one-hole groups right from 50 out to 100 yards! SWEET! And, as a Bonus, a nice little ditch chicken offered himself up to try and claim the Ruger's "virginity". aYup - One Round - 35 yards - Head Shot - Virginity CURED!!! :mrgreen:

Only saw a small handful of deer despite the favorable weather. Did wander into a pretty serious Elk Rub though! Guess there's a Biggie hiding somewhere nearby...

Just thought I'd share...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
wheelie

Re: More Fun with Camo-Form

Post by wheelie »

Camoed one of my 22 mags for a winter snow gun. Got it off internet for $30 for a big roll. mack tack or what ever you want to call it. Turned out pretty well also.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

CONGRATS on your 10/22 :D
I've had one for years...guns a tack driver. :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

It's funny that you mention the camo and setting it down. When I was deep into shooting 3D archery with a vertical bow, I always had trouble of finding my bow when I set it down and went up to the target to pull the arrows. I thought, "I'll fix that!" The next bow I got was painted in a white paint and had chrome cams, etc. The first tournament I shot with it was in March and we had snow on the ground. You guessed it, I couldn't find my frickin' bow! :lol:

You could just get a 10/22 like I got. Then you wouldn't have to worry about loosing it. :lol:

The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.