biopsy test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lanishax

biopsy test

Post by lanishax »

What is EGFR mutation test and what is immunoreactive score implies? My father is suffering from lung cancer(stage 4). After biopsy test his slides were gone for EGFR mutation test. And he got immunoreactive score of 4+ after this test. Doctor told me that after this test they will going to conclude that if he will be treated with gefitnib or chemotherapy. What does this test implies?
Last edited by lanishax on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
colouredchameleon

Re: biopsy test

Post by colouredchameleon »

Last edited by colouredchameleon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

lanishax wrote:What is EGFR mutation test and what is immunoreactive score implies? My father is suffering from lung cancer(stage 4). After biopsy test his slides were gone for EGFR mutation test. And he got immunoreactive score of 4+ after this test. Doctor told me that after this test they will going to conclude that if he will be treated with gefitnib or chemotherapy. What does this test implies?
ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!
WE ARE NOT A MEDICAL FORUM!!!!
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TUMULAR CELL GROWTH BUT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO KILL A DEER OR COYOTE THEN ASK AWAY!!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Rogue_wave

Post by Rogue_wave »

Whoooa!

Lets settle down here, and give the guy a break. Cancer of any type is a terrible thing period. People look for answers from wherever they can get them, as they are trully overwhelmed. As a cancer survivor from last March I can only imagine what this guy is going thru with his father. Lanishax, stay positive!!!! and I hope your father beats this.

cheers

R/W
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Ont_Excal wrote:
lanishax wrote:What is EGFR mutation test and what is immunoreactive score implies? My father is suffering from lung cancer(stage 4). After biopsy test his slides were gone for EGFR mutation test. And he got immunoreactive score of 4+ after this test. Doctor told me that after this test they will going to conclude that if he will be treated with gefitnib or chemotherapy. What does this test implies?
ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!
WE ARE NOT A MEDICAL FORUM!!!!
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TUMULAR CELL GROWTH BUT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO KILL A DEER OR COYOTE THEN ASK AWAY!!!
no offense here ont-excal, but that's exactly the attitude that steers people away from PUBLIC forums like this one, and to be honest, this is the first time i've ever been upset by reading someone's post on here.. i mean seriously, what is that about? hopefully you were just joking, but none the less, this guy is dealing with his dad's 4th stage lung cancer, hardly think he'd be in the mood for a joke when asking a medical question ... me be thinking it's not as easy as knocking on a door and asking an oncologist a question, so maybe he came on here in hopes that someone, unfortunately of course, may have gone through a simular situation and might shed some light on the issue.. when going through a disease like cancer, there may be 1000's of questions, and sometimes it's good to hear it from someone who can explain it in english, not medical jib jab..lmao.... if you don't know anything about it, don't comment on it other than to wish him the best and hope his dad can fight this... if you do know, then kindly shed some light on it and help him through this... we are all here going through life together people, whether we share hunting stories, fishing stories, stories of our first child or grand children, or the passing of a loved one.. we are supposed to be here to support each other, in life, not just in hunting stories... best of luck to you sir and so very sorry to hear of your father's cancer..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Guessing it is just spam.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

no offense here ont-excal, but that's exactly the attitude that steers people away from PUBLIC forums like this one, and to be honest, this is the first time i've ever been upset by reading someone's post on here.. i mean seriously, what is that about? hopefully you were just joking,
Do not get offended, and at the same time do not get taken in by spam. Just google this guys FIRST post and you will see its a first post on many different forums, plus you would not go to a medical site and ask how to gut a deer would you :lol: Spam Spam Spam be gone!!!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I don't know a thing about cancer , but good luck and prayers sent for your dad & family
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I do not know much about cancer.
I can tell you you and your family is in my families thoughts and prays.
We are going thru the same thing right now with my mother in law.
So please do not think your family is alone in all this.
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Bullzeye wrote:
no offense here ont-excal, but that's exactly the attitude that steers people away from PUBLIC forums like this one, and to be honest, this is the first time i've ever been upset by reading someone's post on here.. i mean seriously, what is that about? hopefully you were just joking,
Do not get offended, and at the same time do not get taken in by spam. Just google this guys FIRST post and you will see its a first post on many different forums, plus you would not go to a medical site and ask how to gut a deer would you :lol: Spam Spam Spam be gone!!!
Agreed... A quick google search revealed this post on at least three different non-medical forums. Though the cancer types vary between "him" and his "father"
Last edited by Woodspike on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It is spam.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nothing a pyramid can't fix.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

My intent is not to offend anyone.
I have watched far too many die from cancer and other debilitating diseases.
I also have seen in the news a number of times where posers got caught after asking for financial help from my community.
I pray for everyone with a legitimate issue.
The original poster did not ask for prayers but a medical opinion which I am not qualified to give.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Boo

Post by Boo »

So the question begs, why come here to a hunting forum and start a thread with your first post with a medical question?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

i have some realy smelly gunk under my biggest toenail..can anyone tell me
what the medical name for this is..i think it may be called spamamoxaphilia..
but then again i could be wrong.. 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16