should I wait?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pegasus

should I wait?

Post by Pegasus »

Hello everyone

I'm nee to this forum and to cross bows, I currently have an Equinox on order from a dealer, how ever I heard that excalibur is releasing new bows in the new year, would you recommend I wait or should I just purchase the equinox? Took me a while to save the money for this, so getting some honest opinions woul.d real help
2012 Equinox
Shadow Zone w/ flip up scope covers
Fire Bolts w/ Blazer vanes
G5 Montecs
G5 SGH
S5 String Dampeners
Tac-pac
colouredchameleon

Re: should I wait?

Post by colouredchameleon »

I would wait at this point suspect that within the week and you will know the details on new models

As with any new model there are usually some bugs.
Appears to be less so with Excalibur but you never know.
If the rumoured speeds (fps) are true then you never know as speed increase there is a point when more things have a chance to show their ugly little head. Pushing the limits has a bad habit of doing that.
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I believe that the Equinox is an excellent CB and the only downside that I see is that it may be too powerful. If I were you I would wait on the Equinox until the new Matrix models are available and then you may find that the price for the Equinox comes down somewhat. I cannot understand why anyone would want more speed out of their CB as you could hunt T-Rex with the Beast! JMHO
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Equinox is tried and true.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I have an Equinox, and it is way more than i need, So be sure and take into serious consideration what you want to do with your bow. :wink:
Good luck with your choice. :D
Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boo wrote:The Equinox is tried and true.
X 2 :wink:
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Deerstalker wrote:I cannot understand why anyone would want more speed out of their CB as you could hunt T-Rex with the Beast! JMHO
Look at the evolution of compound bows... Speed sells.

Plus, the waters tend to get a bit stagnant if there isn't movement. Excal has pretty much perfected the crossbow, about all they can do now is bump up the horsepower, and make a few cosmetic changes.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D last year i got my axiom,great bow. this year got my 2012 vortex,i could not be happier with it,fast and dead on the money. i'm sure the new excal will be great, but very satisfied with i have know,and will be years from now.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

speeds fine! if you want to be a real he man get as big and fast of bow as you can ! but for hunting for me I choose the smaller bows for my hunting.there the real deal on deer and easy to handle and shoot. I finially figured out how to quiet down our equinox for hunting and that,s by leaving it home and taking the vixen ! works for me!!!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Why wait ? If'en you ordered an Equinox go fer it. The newer models will cost more & bein stronger limb set-up may issues hernia's fer free to all of those wantin them. :lol: I on the other hand have not found any game animal in North America that my Miss Vixen can't kill
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bones

Post by Bones »

Do you need a bow in the near future or do you have time ? I would wait , you know you'll alway's be able to pick up a nox if you so desire . I have a 200 pounder that doe's the job on anything i've pointed it at. If I can rope cock these new bow's whatever they are ? My money is on the table but will be keeping my tried and true Exo 200.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:The Equinox is tried and true.
X3
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If it was me, I'd wait. However, if you find that the new bows are what you want be prepared to wait a while till stock arrives
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Normous

Post by Normous »

If it was me, I would wait, somebody above mentioned Excalibur possibly have bugs rearing its ugly head, I think thats nonsense and not likely to happen after being in production 30 years, I have seen the quality control practices in place at Excalibur after having 3 personal tours in 7 years and would confidently purchase a new Matrix.
You might want to save a few dollars more because the 2013 lineup will cost more.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

vixenmaster wrote:Why wait ? If'en you ordered an Equinox go fer it. The newer models will cost more & bein stronger limb set-up may issues hernia's fer free to all of those wantin them. :lol: I on the other hand have not found any game animal in North America that my Miss Vixen can't kill
:wink:
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s