Final Arrow & Broadhead Pick For My 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

john316mole

Final Arrow & Broadhead Pick For My 380

Post by john316mole »

After several hundred shots I have found my perfect setup for deer hunting. Since I already had an Aero-vane Jig and like the Firenoks I tested for that system. I also shot blazer vanes and several types of broadheads.
I am using a 20" Aero-bolt II with lighted firenok, Aero Vane II, and using the D nocks instead of a flat nock. The broadhead is a Hartcraft Exchange Trophy 1 100 grain. The arrows weigh 456 grains. Out to 35 yards the field tip and broadhead are same hole. At 60 yards the broadhead is 1" lower than the field point, but is is exactly the same right and left. I did mount an optimizer scope mount on it and it will clear with the factory rail. I am using a Leupold 2-7 Turkey plex scope...I did not order the package with the factory scope...I substituted for the Leupold. I did change to a Danny Miller flemish string which made it less noisy. I am going to order a couple of the Boo strings for it since the flemish I got from Danny is doing so good. The nice thing about those Hartcraft broadheads is you use the same ferrule for all of the different points...turkey head loppers, turkey body blades, small game blades and the larger Trophy 2. Also the blades flip over so you can have a fresh set of blades by just reversing. Blazers past 30 yards shot very low and off to the left for me, but I was using the D nock and the aero vane system with the firenok...I did not shoot flat nocks on lazer 3's with the heavy brass insert...that is suppose to be a very accurate set up.
rattlerun

Re: Final Arrow & Broadhead Pick For My 380

Post by rattlerun »

I know this doesn't relate to what you are talking about, but I'm interested as to where you were able to buy the Matrix without the scope (package)?
john316mole

Post by john316mole »

I got the package from Danny Miller....I just had to pay the difference to upgrade the scope from the one that came with it...he stocks the Leupold scopes...he would probably discount the package if you did not want that scope and did not want to get one of his...he will work with you.
secret

Post by secret »

Danny is the Man!!! Considering almost everybody has changed the scope , I know now where im buying my Matrix.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bought my 380 minus the scope and 3 arrow's, local dealer split it up / credited me.
Bone's
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

john316mole wrote:I got the package from Danny Miller....I just had to pay the difference to upgrade the scope from the one that came with it...he stocks the Leupold scopes...he would probably discount the package if you did not want that scope and did not want to get one of his...he will work with you.
That's a smart way to go. The Excalibur Tact-Zone MSRP is $219.99 and the Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader with turkey-plex MSRP is $264.99.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's