What's Your opinion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

What's Your opinion

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Last fall I lost my Blizzard See-Thru Eye Scope Cap. I am just trying to figure out if I should buy the Butler Creek Flip Open Eye Scope Cover with the red button or is there something else that you would recommend? Thanks in advance for your opinion.
Raymond

Edit: The scope is a Lumi-Zone.
Last edited by Raymond on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rattlerun

Re: What's Your opinion

Post by rattlerun »

I have the Butler Creek on a TenPoint scope and am planning on getting some for my new Excalibur Tact Zone Scope. The covers that come with the Tact Zone don't work worth a darn.
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

I put a set of the Buttler Creek on my Equinox last fall, they fit good and tight and love the little red button to flip open. The caps on my new Tact Zone don't fit as tight, hard to open, need to take a fine file to the cap to make it will open easier. Probably end up going with the Buttler Creek for the Tact Zone if I don't replace it with the Hawke XB30 Compact.
Last edited by cjonesth on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

cjonesth wrote:I put a set of the Butttler Creek on my Equinox last fall, they fit good and tight and love the little red button to flip open. The caps on my new Tact Zone don't fit as tight, hard to open, need to take a fine file to the cap to make it will open easier. Probably end up going with the Buttler Creek for the Tact Zone if I don't replace it with the Hawke XB30 Compact.
What scope and what size scope caps do you have on your Equinox? I have the Lumi-Zone scope on my Equinox but I am not sure what size of scope caps I need for the Lumi-zone scope. Do you know?
Thanks,
Raymond
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

I have the red button B.C Flip cap on the front and back, seems to do the trick for me.
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

Raymond wrote:
cjonesth wrote:I put a set of the Butttler Creek on my Equinox last fall, they fit good and tight and love the little red button to flip open. The caps on my new Tact Zone don't fit as tight, hard to open, need to take a fine file to the cap to make it will open easier. Probably end up going with the Buttler Creek for the Tact Zone if I don't replace it with the Hawke XB30 Compact.
What scope and what size scope caps do you have on your Equinox? I have the Lumi-Zone scope on my Equinox but I am not sure what size of scope caps I need for the Lumi-zone scope. Do you know?
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond I have a Hawke scope on my Equinox, I don't think it would help to give you the cap sizes. Measure the ring sizes and convert to mm. Or measure in metric.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

There must be someone with a Lumi-Zone scope that has a Butler Creek Flip Open Scope Cover that knows the answer. I have asked dealers online if they know what numbers for the Butler Creek Flip Open Scope Covers is used for the Lumi-Zone scope and they cannot tell me and therefore there is not one that could sell me what I need. Is that not an aggravating day when you would expect that businesses that deal with this should be able to help you out and cannot.
Thanks,
Raymond
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just pulled the Butler Creek flip opens off my Lumi and they do not have any identifiable numbers at all. I tried..
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

hey ray, if you have a dial caliber take the measurement on each end write em down, then proceed to nearest place that sells um look on back cap packages buy size that matches, if it is close go to next size up. red button ones are for the front (eye side). hope that helps.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

I use the Butler Creek FLIP OPEN

Size: 11 EYE

1.550" (39.4MM)

http://www.butlercreek.com/products/sco ... _open.html

I use them on both my font and rears on my VARIZONE (should be same as the Lumizone). I used a heat gun and softened the frame of the scope cover just a bit, put on, adjusted and good to go. I am happy with them. Just a note if you try to ram it to the end they will slightly warp and you won't get a good seal, they'll almost go oval if that makes sense, hope this helps.
Last edited by IH8ATTN on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I have got to make a trip to Kentville on the 17th of this month and I will stop to a sports shop up there that has everything and pick up what I need there I guess. Then I will be sure to get it right. Thanks for all your help.
Raymond
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

hey ray found one of my butler creek boxes it has the sizing charts on the back if you have the dial caliber and if u do the measurement i can give ya the correct number and you can call ahead and see if they have them, save you an extra trip.
2219s, abc steel sonics
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

mbc4 wrote:hey ray found one of my butler creek boxes it has the sizing charts on the back if you have the dial caliber and if u do the measurement i can give ya the correct number and you can call ahead and see if they have them, save you an extra trip.
mbc4, I will have to see if I can borrow a dial caliber. I will let you know how I make out.
Thanks,
Raymond
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

a ok !
2219s, abc steel sonics
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Personally I prefer the Scope Bikini to flip up or see through. It protects the scope in transit, easily removed and inexpensive. Have had nothing but trouble with the flip ups staying closed, opening when needed, etc Leaving them closed in use degrades light transmission and image clarity.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!