Matrix 380 Limbs starting to Break?!?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SullivanJr

Matrix 380 Limbs starting to Break?!?

Post by SullivanJr »

Hi there, i'am from Germany and i bought myself recently a Matrix 380.
Didn't shoot it yet, and after the things i've noticed this morning iam kinda scared off :S
I've noticed cracks in the limbs if iam not absolutelly wrong, although it might be some kind of grain/texture i thought that it would be best to just ask right on here.

These kinda cracks are overall on the limbs, just not that big, much smaller ones.
This big "cracks" are also just on the inner side of the right limb(the big ones, small ones are everywhere).

Hope that this is all just some part of the Realtree Xtra Camo (although iam starting to think it is not, because it is just on the limbs)

1:

2:

3:

Hope you can help me out, last thing i want is some 260lbs-Limbs breaking and going right into my or my wifes face.

Cheers.
SullivanJr

Re: Matrix 380 Limbs starting to Break?!?

Post by SullivanJr »

Hell yea, thats good to know!
Heck, i would hate to have to send them back, iam just impatient to wait till everythings back there :)

Tried that cotton-ball trick, nothing stuck in there...
The "cracks" do also not look like they would chance in size while being cocked/uncocked, which is for sure a good sign :)

Thank you, Mate!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the new bow! get out there and shoot :) :)
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D great bow you got there, have fun shooting.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

When I first got my Matrix 380, I went over it in detail. Could not see even a single one of these voids. Now having shot it well over 500 times, there are a few of these that have appeared. Guessing some of the camo finish "filled" the voids initially, but that having been shot enough, some of that has simply been flung free. Finish is still within the voids, simply appear as mini-blems in the finish overall.

Has not had any effect whatsoever on the bow's performance! indeed just yesterday it was shooting consistent bullseyes out past 60 yards once again. :twisted:

Fire Her Up! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
SullivanJr

Post by SullivanJr »

I will definitely fire her up, after I've managed to get a target to shot at that isn't to expensive.

Thought about a big box filled with Packing Blankets and tighten with plastic wrap, like so:

The guy that made that kind of target also posted a comparison-picture of different Targets, all shot with his ExoMax

Might be useful to one or another :)
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I shred the old clothes before filling the grain bag and pack it as tight as possible.
To do this I add rags till it won't hold any more and tie off.
Put some cinder blocks on the bag to compress the rags.
Keep doing this till you run out of rags or you are satisfied with your target.
When arrows start to penetrate too deep then just jump on target bag or beat it with a bat to fill voids and you are good to go again for a while.
Keep your target dry.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have not had a chance to try my rag bag out yet, but it was suggested to me to layer the cloths in your bag rather than just stuff them in the bag.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xbowhardcases

Post by xbowhardcases »

Ok, just noticed these on my 355. I owned a Pheonix with 5 years of shooting on it and never really noticed these.

So is it anything to really worry about?

Post by newbie »

Cosmetic only.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xbowhardcases

Post by xbowhardcases »

ok, thanks for the reply
massbow

Post by massbow »

Just noticed my 355 is doing the same thing! Hope its just cosmetic. :o
Team 355
Dash

Post by Dash »

Don't worry, they're not anything like limb splinters. Some limbs when new show the line shape grooves on the real tree skin and others don't but its purely cosmetic, and won't change.
If you ever get a real splinter its quite different, not a groove at all like the picture, and the splinter will usually start from an edge. Cotton wool will hook into even the smallest splinter point/edge and will show it up in a splinter test.
Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:When I first got my Matrix 380, I went over it in detail. Could not see even a single one of these voids. Now having shot it well over 500 times, there are a few of these that have appeared. Guessing some of the camo finish "filled" the voids initially, but that having been shot enough, some of that has simply been flung free. Finish is still within the voids, simply appear as mini-blems in the finish overall.

Has not had any effect whatsoever on the bow's performance! indeed just yesterday it was shooting consistent bullseyes out past 60 yards once again. :twisted:

Fire Her Up! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog
That appearance of the voids happens with even the best automotive paint. When we see it we refers to it as the paint sinking. The camo layer that is put on is soft to start with and afte processing it is obviously hard. It gets that way by having some kind of solvent flashing off. The thicker the layer the more dimensional change because there is more camo material at the void so it also has more solvent. I guess they could use more resin but in my thinking the existence of voids means that the ratio of resin to finer is just right.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

that's nothing, they all have them mate, there air bubbles that's all the air from inside must escape when there first made because the limbs are like hot melted metal when first made ah, thats all
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..