Who has a GoPro?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Who has a GoPro?

Post by Bullzeye »

I saw a vid where a guy put one on his cat because he was curious where the cat went when he let it out. Seems the possibilities are endless of what you can do with them.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Bullzeye wrote:I saw a vid where a guy put one on his cat because he was curious where the cat went when he let it out. Seems the possibilities are endless of what you can do with them.
Thats TWISTED! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Laura, I use the narrow FOV setting, acts somewhat like a zoom when I hunt. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS1-zsWy47U&sns=em
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Laura, look at this, I think Midway has it. It is called a Picatinny-Style Quick-Release Video Camera Mount. I mounted a short base on the bottom of my stock to mount a folding grip. This mount fits a standard rail mount. Just an FYI. Cheers Wayne.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

PS look at the one made by Aimshot..............
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Worth noting, the phone app for the GoPro makes the menu far easier to navigate. Can swap out resolution and stuff very quick with a large screen.
Do you have a smartphone or tablet Laura?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
lscha

Post by lscha »

I have an android smart phone, Nexus 7, and an iPad. I installed the GoPro App on my phone and haven't been able to use it because my camera is wrapped. :D I was wondering if it could really be that easy with my phone. What kind of signal does it use? Cell, WiFi or just bluetooth? When I'm bear hunting there is absolutely no signal. Would I still be able to use it?
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

lscha wrote:I have an android smart phone, Nexus 7, and an iPad. I installed the GoPro App on my phone and haven't been able to use it because my camera is wrapped. :D I was wondering if it could really be that easy with my phone. What kind of signal does it use? Cell, WiFi or just bluetooth? When I'm bear hunting there is absolutely no signal. Would I still be able to use it?
WiFi. The GoPro will become a "WiFi" hotspot, so you log your phone/tablet in to the camera to gain control.
The settings on the camera are difficult to navigate from the camera it's self. But on the app you just click what you need and the camera instantly switches.
You do not need a signal, you just have to be close enough to the camera to grab the Wifi from it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Once you log in to your camera you will see some easy menus, from there you can change things quicker than from the camera.
Even a "locate camera" button that will activate all the lights and make the camera beep.

WMU 91
Boo string
lscha

Post by lscha »

Well, that's impressive! Can't wait. I have a feeling the first place Dave's is going will be an ice fishing hole. :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

lscha wrote:Well, that's impressive! Can't wait. I have a feeling the first place Dave's is going will be an ice fishing hole. :lol:
Works good for that too!
You can see in that menu there is a spot to turn the camera upside down, tie a rope to it, invert the screen and drop it down!
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Thats pretty impressive.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ch312

Post by ch312 »

If you're going to attach it to the back of the boat to film wake boarding, make sure there is no chance for the tow rope to get looped around it.

Snap, twang, and then a splash 50ft away! Nope, they definitely don't float :roll:

I recommend water wings if you're using it on a boat...
Tom

Post by Tom »

ch312 wrote:If you're going to attach it to the back of the boat to film wake boarding, make sure there is no chance for the tow rope to get looped around it.

Snap, twang, and then a splash 50ft away! Nope, they definitely don't float :roll:

I recommend water wings if you're using it on a boat...
I was always worried about having my gopro take a swim without me, all the way to the bottom. What I did was got a Bobber for my gopro. Is is a yellow handle which floats the camera. it will actually float 2 gopro's in the 3D case. They also have "floaties" but I thought the bobber would work best for me as you can screw it to the case or remove it.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]