Last hunt a bust

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Re: Last hunt a bust

Post by Lake shooter »

Scott, mine's only 375 gr total with said Magnus SS Snuffer. It completely cut through one rib on the way in and one on the way out and headed for parts I'll never know! :shock: The 380 is a beast!!!! I also keep my BH's freshly touched up, sharp and ready for business.

I never have bought the old deer camp BS of "aim for the opposite shoulder"...... No shock there! To me it's totally insane to purposely aim for one of the thickest bones in the body AND on the off side, so if your aim is true and it hits where aimed there is a great chance of no pass through, a broken shaft and no blood trail!!!! I believe this to be just one more of the oft repeated but not very well thought out ism's that has become ingrained and passed down without much thought in the bow hunting world. There are LOTS of them! :oops:

You folks that follow this mantra, not looking for an argument, aim where you like, it's a free country. I endeavor to aim for center mass of the heart/lung area with a conscious plan to MISS both shoulders, for the reasons already given. I've lost one big buck from a shoulder hit and still bear the dog bite scars on my face from the later supposed blood trailing, I don't want anything even remotely similar to happen again! :cry: