The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bill T

The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Post by Bill T »

Calm down folks, the sky is NOT falling and Excalibur will not be broken down and absorbed into the Bowtech empire. This sale will help both companies to get better at what they do by combining resources and expertise, and as sister companies the total abilities of the two will exceed the sum of the two separately. Let's face it, they purchased Excalibur for it's strengths, and to change customer service in a negative way would be the same as throwing out one of Excalibur's greatest assets. I see it as far more likely that Bowtech will apply our attitudes to their customer service department to improve their service than any other outcome here!
Out of the entire industry I see Bowtech as the best match for Excalibur. Both companies are committed to producing finest quality archery gear in North America, both are leaders in their areas of expertise. They have no intentions of changing anything drastically here, only improving what we are good at, and at Excalibur business will continue as usual in our Ontario facility.
Let's all relax a bit and have faith please. Excalibur has just released some super new products (I've been hunting with prototypes of the 405 for a year and a half and I LOVE it!) and the future for us is brighter than ever. Also, please remember that Kath and I are still involved in the background with basic direction and new products, and as always, we won't let Excalibur's customers down!
Xbowkiller

Re: The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Post by Xbowkiller »

Thank you Bill. :D Seen on another forum that Bowtech says that very thing that they are going to model customer service to be like Excalibur customer service. CHEERS!
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

I trust ya' Bill. Thanks
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Thank you for taking the time to address the situation with us personally. I am sure, some are still going to be uneasy for a while, but your words have helped a lot.

Thanks again,
~XcaliburFX~
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
lscha

Post by lscha »

OK, I feel better..... :wink:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

What does Excalibur really need from Bowtech? Time will tell. I am sure Bill is sincere in his statement but that does not mean Bowtech will follow suit. I have witnessed one to many mergers and acquisitions to believe in a positive long term outcome. All buyouts come with non-disclosure agreements and PR scripts in order to avoid panic and customer confidence loss. Probably it is the limb technology they want and the customer base. Bowtech will not change their customer service the same way they will not change their inadequate warranty. Bowtech will swallow Excalibur and adapt it to their business model. The acquisition was announced few days ago but this is going on for quite some time, at least a year, explaining some of the quality control issues on the latest models. That is the reason why the new crossbow lineup now has numbers and are uniformly named Matrix as they should conform to Bowtech business model. It was good as long as it lasted. The corporate behemoth is all about $$$$$$ cha-ching and bottom line fattening. Those who believe customer service is their priority will be sorely disappointed.

Soon enough the home page shown Excalibur mission statement will no longer apply and warranty will change as well:

"The Legend of Excalibur

At Excalibur, we aren't big business cashing in on crossbow hunting, we're crossbow hunters who build crossbows. Our first priority is not to produce a lot of cheap bows with star wars styling, but to make the most efficient, reliable, and accurate hunting crossbow that money can buy. Our ideas don't come from engineers, they come from experience, and nothing leaves our drawing board without being subject to extensive testing by the toughest, most uncompromising product evaluators in the deer woods... US!

How can we deliver this kind of performance? Simply by sticking to the basics! Our lightening fast recurve limbs turn out more speed than compound systems with a fraction of their weight, noise, or mechanical failures, our trigger mechanism has a pull that would make your rifle jealous, and our composite and aluminium stock is virtually indestructible."

Long live Excalibur, the legend never to be forgotten.
Last edited by SixLomaz on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks for the reassurance Bill. I was hoping to hear something along these lines.
Gotta admit I was a little shocked when I first heard this news. But you taking the time to address the issue personally goes a Long ways towards settling that some.

I sincerely Hope things run as you envision! Always been a Supporter, and really hope to continue down that path.

Good Luck with your "semi-retirement" :wink:

Cheers,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi All,

Since I look after the customer service for Excalibur I feel its appropriate I respond to Bill's thread.

I'm personally excited about our new association with Bowtech and the opportunity and resources it offers. I can assure you there will be no change in how we look after our customers. Customer service has always been important to us and has allowed us to excel to where we are today, there is now way we will jeopardize one of our most valuable assets.

I have been working for few months now (before I was aware of the Bowtech deal) on a new customer service program that will help us to better serve our customers by providing more information and faster processes. I hope to implement the new program over the next few months and will provide more information as we get closer to the launch date.

As always, if anybody has any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

We are currently at the ATA show and at the start of a very busy time of year for us. However, we felt it important to respond to your concerns.

You folks are important to us and we very much appreciate your business and loyalty to the Excalibur brand. Our forum members and owners of our products have always been excellent promoters for our crossbows and accessories, we could have not risen to the level we are at today without your help!

We will continue to strive to produce excellent products and the best customer service possible.

Thanks,

Peter
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hi All,

Since I look after the customer service for Excalibur I feel its appropriate I respond to Bill's thread.

I'm personally excited about our new association with Bowtech and the opportunity and resources it offers. I can assure you there will be no change in how we look after our customers. Customer service has always been important to us and has allowed us to excel to where we are today, there is now way we will jeopardize one of our most valuable assets.

I have been working for few months now (before I was aware of the Bowtech deal) on a new customer service program that will help us to better serve our customers by providing more information and faster processes. I hope to implement the new program over the next few months and will provide more information as we get closer to the launch date.

As always, if anybody has any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

We are currently at the ATA show and at the start of a very busy time of year for us. However, we felt it important to respond to your concerns.

You folks are important to us and we very much appreciate your business and loyalty to the Excalibur brand. Our forum members and owners of our products have always been excellent promoters for our crossbows and accessories, we could have not risen to the level we are at today without your help!

We will continue to strive to produce excellent products and the best customer service possible.

Thanks,

Peter
this post should put some of those negative opinions at ease......
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Does this coming change include serializing (unique identifier) your products?

"I have been working for few months now (before I was aware of the Bowtech deal) on a new customer service program that will help us to better serve our customers by providing more information and faster processes. I hope to implement the new program over the next few months and will provide more information as we get closer to the launch date."
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

SixLomaz wrote:What does Excalibur really need from Bowtech? Time will tell. I am sure Bill is sincere in his statement but that does not mean Bowtech will follow suit. I have witnessed one to many mergers........Long live Excalibur, the legend never to be forgotten.
I don't know Bill or the Excalibur folks personally....but in my opinion the fact that they have taken the time to "personally" address this issue with us (their customers), combined with the huge amount of goodwill that the company has built up with us, has earned our trust and patience on this. I am and will remain an ardent Excalibur fan and loyal customer until I am given a real reason to do otherwise.

We have no basis to jump to negative conclusions,a nd quite to the contrary, I see reasons to be optimistic about future products.

Thanks Bill et al for chiming in. Happy new year to all.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Fantastic!!!!! :D
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Bill and Kath have poured their lives into this company over the past 30 years. During that time, they have been instrumental in the advancing of crossbow hunting in Canada and the US. Considering the hard earned reputation they've built, a little faith seems reasonable.

Post by newbie »

Thanks Bill and Peter for stepping up. I will contunue to suppirt Excalibur products as they are and will continue to be the best platform out there.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

The very fact that Excal has been working on a "new" CS model is a concern to me! I have rarely heard of complaints of the current system....it will be interesting to see the changes!

I expect the powers that be at Excal to want to quell our concerns. It's a done deal they are the owners they are happy with the direction......I do recal the same type of " damage control" back in the day with the Horton acquisitions! It is ALWAYS better to be the acquirer and NOT the acquired because like it or not some one else is now in charge!