2014 Equinox?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hitman

2014 Equinox?

Post by Hitman »

New to the forum and xbows. Just purchased a Equinox that said it was a "New 2014" just wondering if I got lied to. Guess I should have asked the question before I bought it but, got excited. It was purchased from a supposedly reputable dealer on EBay, Pine Mountain Archery. Does anyone know.the production years of the Equinox ? I have read hundreds of reviews but have not found that info. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all
Nocturnal

Re: 2014 Equinox?

Post by Nocturnal »

2009 to present day.Never had Dealings with pine mountain but im sure its new.Congrats on a nice bow!!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Congrats on the new bow coming your way !!!- Have fun and enjoy !!!! :D
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Congrats. A fine choice you made. Did you purchase it for hunting or target shooting? Either way you will end up shooting it a lot. They are tons of fun and very addicting :p Make sure to get yourself a stringing aid and keep the brace height adjusted and it will last "Many Years"
If you are in the US you can call Danny Miller and he will answer any questions you have and make sure you have what you need to enjoy your crossbow.
Best prices and best advise you can find. 740-483-2312
And be sure to ask for help with any questions or problems here on this forum. You will find lots of friendly help and advise here.
And remember... the only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Welcome to the forum! Thats some good advice from Brother Ron.
Keep your thumbs clear of the bear trap. Happy shootin,
Hank
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Thanks so much to all for the great information and support !!! It is great to finally find a forum where it's about helping newbies and experienced alike without the bashing. I sure feel better now about the purchase as it should be here by Monday. Will be picking up the stringer and try to keep the thumbs down. I am in the US and primary use will be hunting critters. Thanks again for the advice and info.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome aboard, and great bow. Don't shoot the same spot twice! :shock: Get extra arrows, you'll get addicted to shooting real fast. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

you won't go wrong with the equinox.. I don't shoot one but did a lot of research and they are great.. I actually am thinking of upgrading to one .. depending on what is available when the time to upgrade comes up... get that thing out and get her dialed in.. one piece of advise though... DON'T SHOOT AT THE SAME SPOT TWICE... LOL.. these excaliburs are tack drivers..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
bubba

Post by bubba »

Congrats.. On your new bow.. And welcome to the forum. I'm sure that your gonna love it...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

xcaliber wrote:Welcome aboard, and great bow. Don't shoot the same spot twice! :shock: Get extra arrows, you'll get addicted to shooting real fast. :wink:
X2... more good advice.
These excaliburs are pretty darn accurate. If you shoot at the same spot without first removing your arrows it can get expensive replacing them. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Pine Mountain have been great for me to deal with and I have had no problems with them. Keep your BH at least 1/8" gap between string and rubbers on the S5s. You adjust the BH by removing one end of the string and put CCW twists into the string using a stringing aid. I have an 2012 Equinox and it is very accurate. I made my stringing aid out of lawn mower starter rope and here is a PIC.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

WOW!! More great advice... You guys are great and looking forward to getting acquainted with the Equinox. Thanks again guys !! September can't get here fast enough.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

What grain feild points and broadheads do yall recommend for the 20" fire bolts out of the Equinox 125 or 150s ??
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm a fan of brass inserts, am not familiar w/ Firebolts. I did shoot an Emax for a few years, same xbow different stock.

As you may know, it's rated at 350 fps w/ 350 gr arrow and a FFF. Every 5 gr you go up on arrow weight will cost you one fps. I found the FFF/350 gr combo to be nasty....so I got some brass insert arrows at 426 gr. Much better, didn't care about the lost fps.

Since then I discovered BEE's from Southshore attn Jerry. They have Blazer vanes, 92 gr inserts, plastic nocks [good uns] 20" long, and are the best arrow's I've shot. W/ 100 gr bheads, they weigh 400 grs.

As for the FFF, loved them. I currently shoot a 'Boo'. A word of warning, don't dry-fire your bow w/ one on, it can splinter a limb. I'd use the endless loop for a spell vs the 10-12 fps faster FFF.

Your move......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I have used firebolts and 150 gr. Boltcutters since I bought the beast and can put all four arrows in a 1 1/2" circle at 50 yards. I spined my arrows and refletched them with helical blazer vanes. There are better arrow/broadhead combinations out there, it just depends on which wing of the fly you want to shoot off. :wink: :lol:
Hank