Flemish for Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckhorn40

Flemish for Micro 335

Post by buckhorn40 »

Forgive me folks, but here goes. My wife bought me a micro 335 for Christmas. I have never even cocked it. I have already upgraded my bolts and want to put a flemish string on it. I bought an excalibur flemish string. After I removed the factory string. I twisted the flemish many times and it is still waaaaay long. Did I buy the wrong string?
8ptbuk

Re: Flemish for Micro 335

Post by 8ptbuk »

How long is the Flemish string your trying to install ? Measure it and let us know what the length is . You need to be twisting it CCW while standing at either end , This will shorten it and get your brace height where it needs to be . Mike
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Did I buy the wrong string?
Compare it to the one you took off.... :mrgreen: I'll warn you about FFF strings...DO NOT dry-fire your xbow w/ one on it...... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....ask away!.....have you ever fired a crossbow before?....What is your familiarity level with crossbows and Excalibur in particular?

....while you are at it why not complete your registration so we know where you hail from!...

....OBTW...great wife you have there!...how did she come to picking that bow for you?...great choice!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Congrats on your new bow, and welcome to the forum. as mentioned i would get a little more familiar with your bow before moving up to the flemish string, as i've learned from the members here, once the cocking and your form improve then move up. It's just safer for you and the bow. Enough can't be said, about the importance of practice and getting use to all the in' and out's of your equipment. Good luck and hey your wife has good taste to get you an Excalibur......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

I bet you bought the Excalibur brand flemish for the older style bows with the big limbs. Danny Miller can set you up with a flemish for your micro.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....get Danny Miller on speed dial....he is a diamond in the rough but a consummate gentleman and knows EVERYTHING Excalibur!

Danny is located in Sardis, OH....and does not do internet or email...call him and he will help you through any and all questions and or problems you might have or will have some day!...He does not try to sell you anything you don't need and his prices are usually the cheapest!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

amythntr wrote:....get Danny Miller on speed dial....he is a diamond in the rough but a consummate gentleman and knows EVERYTHING Excalibur!

Danny is located in Sardis, OH....and does not do internet or email...call him and he will help you through any and all questions and or problems you might have or will have some day!...He does not try to sell you anything you don't need and his prices are usually the cheapest!

THIS! Words to live by for all things Excalibur. And Danny is a hoot to talk to.
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I would almost put money on it . You are in possession of too long of a Flemish string . Danny will definitely help a lot .
If you are going to phone him much . I would advise a phone plan . There is no such thing as a short phone call . :shock: :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus