Received Ph. Call about Awshucks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Received Ph. Call about Awshucks

Post by vixenmaster »

I received a phone call this morning, it was from Awshucks Exc. of Dan's Will. I was informed that he had left his Y 25 Relayer to me wid all the access. I love getting the Excal, but i certainly don't like the way it has came about. I have been pondering about this since the phone call. The way to post on here of it. Awshucks will continue to shoot n hunt through me with his gift he left me. The Y 25 will be going out on my 1st hunt & every hunt until we score our table meat. This Y 25 will remain with me as long as i draw a breath. Dan, i will always love you as my best friend & big Brother i never had til you came into my life!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: Received Ph. Call about Awshucks

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sure Dan would be pleased, good success for you in the field, and hopefully there will be many, many hunting seasons for you.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
munch

Post by munch »

mike good luck with that bow im sure dan will be watching over every one of your hunts .he must have thought highly of you as well
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

The "Y25!" . . . i heard him talk about it i know it couldn't be in better hands. it'll be like Awshucks right there wid ya!
-ken

post script . . .Hang in there Mr. Mike!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

You will make him proud , Mike.
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

His spirit will be with you every time you shoot that Y-25. Be at peace with it, he must have thought the world of you and this is his way of staying connected to his best friend and crossbow shooting.

No one really knows what to say at times like these, just know you were well thought of by your best friend.

My prayers not only go out to his family, but to you as well Mike. May his gift to you (be it hard for a while) bring you many happy thoughts of him and your friendship as you shoot the bow.

Vic
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

WOW, what an awesome gift. Guess I totally missed the boat on Dan's death. I didn't even know that he had passed away. I truly regret that I didn't ever get to meet him in person. The "pank" nails will certainly live on as long as the magic robe. RIP buddy. :cry: :cry:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Judging from his posts he clearly liked that y25. It's in the right hands.

I feel for ya vm.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Wow.. That's some heavy news, that touches all the right place's. Mike don't think their could be a finer gesture than to take that bow hunting at the start of the season's. A grand way to honer his memory.. And to cherish your friendship, those kind of friends, if your lucky, only come around once in a life time.I feel for ya bud...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm glad to hear he had enough forethought to make sure the Y25 would continue to do what it was meant to do. I'm sure you will use it as it was intended to be used and keep the memory of Dan from just fading away. Be sure to post pics of it and the deer you take with it so we can all take another moment to remember what a generous person Dan really was as time passes.

Sadly the "doghouse" ground blind Dan gave me has finally been destroyed by the weather, but I have a new one at the same location and will think of Dan every time I hunt from it.
wabi
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Mike
That was a wonderful gesture on Dan's part It gives you something to cherish and remember the good time you had with him every time you pick it up. Using it to hunt and fill your tags is what Dan would want. You will do him a honor by using it as a tribute to him
Last edited by DaGriz on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Very, very nice of Dan, but that was Dan. He always gave to others. Take and know that a little of him is with you hunting. The best to you Mike
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Mike, great post. I want to see a photo of you, the bow, and the first deer you TWO get!
norm
lscha

Post by lscha »

Bless you Mike! I hope you find comfort before too long.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Y'all knowed i name my crossbows, so when the Y 25 comes to me. Awshucks will be its name forever more n we gonna lay some bunch of tick toters down thru the yrs to come
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315