Awshucks Funnies and Witticisms Tribute

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Awshucks Funnies and Witticisms Tribute

Post by flightattendant100 »

Awshucks was known on the forum for his wit and sense of humor. Some of his posts kept me snickering for days. If you have a favorite, please post it. I know Normous has mentioned the "Breeding Rocks". I have another that I still get tickled over. It was on one of the hog hunts that Boo went to Dans. They went to breakfast, and Boo had eggs sunny side up or over easy ( runny yolks). To this he applied much ketsup. Dan ( Awshucks ) said " it looked like a poultry reproduction experiment gone awry". Still funny.
Post your faves. He would get a kick out of it.
Mike P

Re: Awshucks Funnies and Witticisms Tribute

Post by Mike P »

I always enjoyed this one and I know Dan got a kick out of it.

flightattendant100

That's Great! Keep 'em coming!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here is a quote that made me laugh posted by Awshucks after Mikey (Vixenmaster) suffered a life threatening accident after a large tree fell on him last summer.

[Quote] Awshucks:
"Mikey is a nice guy that life has dealt some hard blows to.....I saw a coffee mug once that said: "Don't sweat the petty things nor pet the sweaty things". Kinda rings through now........ :mrgreen:"
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am goin to tell off on my good friend awshucks. Yrs ago i was always settin up peanutbutter jars fer the deer to lick. Mine always worked so well, Dan emails me said how are you gettin the pb to stays in the jar ? So i told him the 2nd jus like the 1st. Nail the lid to a stump n screw the jar into it. Them ring the bottom wid yer knife n take the plastic end back home to trash can. :) So in an hr or so he Dan calls me n says bud the pb keeps runnin out of the jar. That was the 3rd qt jar full on the ground. So i asked him are you nailin the lid so the jar is upside down ? Awshucks says no its nailed sideways to the tree. I fell out to laffin at him n told him why his pb jars were leakin :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
TPM

Post by TPM »

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Awshucks doing his "review" of Vixchix HHA after struggling to set up her scope. :D

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

One of my messages from Awshucks discussing moonshine..
Bill T took me on a big 4 whlr for a tour of his property. We walked a few hundred yds thru a corn field. He peeled some tiny ears of corn for me to try.

Then, at supper that same night, his wife offered us some pickled little ears. I'd thought they come from China, lol.

Before I left, I told him the shine was best out of a freezer, something he didn't know.

Never met a man I couldn't learn something from........

So true.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Loved reading all these great story's about Awshuck's an friends- Really good stuff- He reminds me of my blood hunting brother whom passed away at age 40- His name was Kenny R. Jones- R>I>P> - as we wrote a song and I recorded it in Nash,Tn yrs ago. Song got radio airplay on independent Radio - Friend heard it while he was stationed in Japan- Song was called "One True Love'- Aw shucks looks and reminds me by His picture of Kenny so very much- May they both be a telling Hunting tales an stories in Heaven !!!! :D
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here is Bill T. and Awshucks discussing the finer aspects of Moonshine. Boofest 2014.

Awshucks, Vixenmaster, Pydpiper and myself after a tasty toast to a successful boar hunt. 2013

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I also remember the story of him shooting his ATV . I believe that was with Don .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

I remember another, it too involved a hog hunt. It had been posted on the forum that Boo, Vixenmaster, and Danny Miller were going to go to Dan's for a hog hunt. I pm'd Dan to see if I could drive up the day before the hunt to meet all of them. Most graciously he told me that his home was open to me anytime, and I was welcome to come visit, hunt, whatever. So I drive up early the next morning, and as I get to the drive to Dan's house, there are a couple of trucks at the drive and one on the road. I recognized Boo from pics on the forum,so I stopped and went over. Evidently Dan was coming out his drive as Don and Karin got back from breakfast and they met at the base of Dan's drive. Dan lived on a big hill, not far off the road and drive was steep with a drop off to one side. As Dan backed up, to let them by, he dropped a tire off over the edge just a bit. The gathering was to help make sure he got it out safely.
Dan posted about this in a post about the hog hunt and his comment was.....wait for it...... " If they hung me for being a teamster, they hung an innocent man" :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

Not long ago someone posted about an issue with their bow..
Dan's post was
"sum-ting-wong'

cracked me up :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
flightattendant100

strum wrote:Not long ago someone posted about an issue with their bow..
Dan's post was
"sum-ting-wong'

cracked me up :D
Got a chuckle reading this. :D thanks Stanley
Tom

Post by Tom »

Doe Master wrote:I also remember the story of him shooting his ATV . I believe that was with Don .
Yes that was and still is funny (story).

Dan was tellin us how good a shot he was (in the ol times) with a long bow just like Don was using :lol: :lol:. Don offered Dan a shot, which was taken. The shot was taken and was good, but the arrow flight was not :lol: :lol:, it was 4 feet left into hiz ATV fender.
Later we all heard how his ATV got revenge in breaking his Y25 stock.

A day after Dan shot his ATV, he was teaching us Canadians how to shoot a pistol. Since there was no target set up at 50 yards, he offered up A FRYING PAN since we possibly could not hit it LOL. Dave was shooting first, on his second shot, we all heard the "TWANG" of a hit. Dan yelled "You hit it, that was my good frying pan"

LOL

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

It would be great if Dan's witticisms could be compiled into one thread and when filled the thread could be closed and "stickied" as a tribute to him and all he did for us here.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire