Is this normal...?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mr.Boiler

Is this normal...?

Post by Mr.Boiler »

So its been a week since I got the new Micro 335 Nightmare. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Everyday I pick it up and pet it. I talk to it, whispering to it and making little promises of fun afternoons and long walks in the park. Is this normal...?
"So at this time take, please, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt some wild game for me." Gen. 27:3
So I took my Excalibur Micro 335 and my Marlin 336 and my Henry .22lr Frontier and did just so...
BULLZ-i

Re: Is this normal...?

Post by BULLZ-i »

JUST NEW GIRL INFATUATION... IF YOU SLEPT WITH IT UNDER YOUR PILLOW, THEN THAT WOULD BE WEIRD
GO HAWKS!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Just tell her like I did with my wife, "Honey, I do things with this that I wouldn't do to you."
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

rule #1 is that you don't let the wife catch you spending quality time with "the other".
bad things happen.
very very bad things.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

You have a bad case of Excaliburitis!! :shock: :shock:
Only cure...more excal's!! :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Waif

Post by Waif »

Mr.Boiler wrote:So its been a week since I got the new Micro 335 Nightmare. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Everyday I pick it up and pet it. I talk to it, whispering to it and making little promises of fun afternoons and long walks in the park. Is this normal...?
As long as she thought you were crazy before the new Excal you'll be fine.
If not, like me you'll have to only let her see one at a time.
I think I'm busted though.
I have a third quiver that shows sometimes, so the girlfriend has probably been on an Easter egg hunt lookin for a third Excal. that's not here (yet).
Maybe it will be less an issue then if one should appear someday? :mrgreen:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Mr.Boiler wrote:So its been a week since I got the new Micro 335 Nightmare. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Everyday I pick it up and pet it. I talk to it, whispering to it and making little promises of fun afternoons and long walks in the park. Is this normal...?

.....why soitenly it's normal! :wink: ...soon you will be buying it special little gifts like purdy different colored flemish strings and promising it to match up color coordinated arra's to match the strings, you will spare no expense when it comes scopes, slings (matching of course)...if your wife starts to look at you funny just say honey, "I am just accessorizing like you do with pocketbooks and matching shoes"....

....you will soon hit the point of no return when you say to your beloved, "you spent how much on WHAT!!!" :shock: :shock: :shock: ...as your new $300 scope just got delivered....yep that is when there is no hope for you anymore!!! :lol: :lol:

....note to self: DO NOT under NO CIRCUMSTANCES name your bow after an old girlfriend whom she knows...if that happens there is a very high probability that she will be posting images of a heart shot of a former and now deceased Excalibur forum member....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It's the beginning of something beautiful! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Just like a fine shooting rifle or a nice smooth canoe you have to show your bow some loving. Perfectly normal just don't be sweet talking to the wife and the bow at the same time. A jealous crossbow never shoots straight but a cross wife does.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I see no problem...
Mr.Boiler

Post by Mr.Boiler »

amythntr wrote:

.....why soitenly it's normal! :wink: ...soon you will be buying it special little gifts like purdy different colored flemish strings and promising it to match up color coordinated arra's to match the strings, you will spare no expense when it comes scopes, slings (matching of course)...if your wife starts to look at you funny just say honey, "I am just accessorizing like you do with pocketbooks and matching shoes"....

....you will soon hit the point of no return when you say to your beloved, "you spent how much on WHAT!!!" :shock: :shock: :shock: ...as your new $300 scope just got delivered....yep that is when there is no hope for you anymore!!! :lol: :lol:

....note to self: DO NOT under NO CIRCUMSTANCES name your bow after an old girlfriend whom she knows...if that happens there is a very high probability that she will be posting images of a heart shot of a former and now deceased Excalibur forum member....

Anthony :)
Duly noted...

I do like the accessorizing line though. That's some quick thinking! Ha!
"So at this time take, please, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt some wild game for me." Gen. 27:3
So I took my Excalibur Micro 335 and my Marlin 336 and my Henry .22lr Frontier and did just so...
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Micros love we. You let them kill a big buck. Thats what makes them the bappiest of all!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

As my wife lovingly told me when she went with to pick my bow up after she got her limbs replaced "at least I don't have to worry about you cheating on me with another women".

I'm not really sure why she said that , I mean it's perfectly normal for a guy to stroke and pet his bow and ask it if it missed daddy, esp after being separated from it for close to a week.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

When my girl shoots especially good she gets a kiss on the cheek pad and told whata sweet lady she is. I swear she purrs. :shock: 8)
Hank
frisky

Post by frisky »

Normal :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting