Air Brakes/Dissipater Bar

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SafeHunt

Air Brakes/Dissipater Bar

Post by SafeHunt »

Hello....first post on the Forum, although I have been a Excalibur owners since day one. Excalibur Wolverine, for those that remember. Just sold my ExoMax and have purchased a Matrix 380. I'm setting up my bow for this years whitetail hunt. I've noticed that Excalibur has a new Air Brake Dissipater bar system for the Matrix. Has anyone used this system and if so does it make much of a difference. To me the bow seems fast enough that string noise over the short distance shouldn't be a factor. Thanks in advance for the replies.
paulaboutform

Re: Air Brakes/Dissipater Bar

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome to the forum. :D From what I've heard they make a moderate difference so I personally haven't bothered with the air brakes. I like being able to collapse my bow without having to bother with removing brake pads. I'm sure those with them will be chiming in soon.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Cibby

Post by Cibby »

I have a new Grizzly and have waited to see if I need to add them. When I was shooting 125gr points and broadheads my Griz was a little louder but I switched back to 150gr points and broadheads it's not as loud. I still my try REDS next year. Do they have any effect on arrow speed or string wear.
excal_355

Post by excal_355 »

I have a matrix 355 and added the air brakes first. I did notice a big reduction in vibration but not much in the noise dept. I recently picked up a set of REDS and they made a further reduction in vibration and helped in the noise dept.
Matrix 355
Diablo Bolts
125gr slick trick magnums
SEW

Post by SEW »

Yes, the Air Brakes make the Xbow smoother and quieter. Dr Stirrup's string stops(can't remember the real name) really help. I do not believe xbow noise has any detrimental effect on hunting. I just like a quiet, viberation minimized xbow.