Ever Calm

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crazy Horse

Ever Calm

Post by Crazy Horse »

Anybody use this stuff?
If so, what kind of results did you have?
Snake oil?....or legit?....
I ran a search, and it didn't find where it had been kicked around for a while.
I admit it, I am a gadget nut :D (sometimes like the one P.T. Barnum spoke of! :oops: )
I put some out (Ever Calm Stink Sticks) 20 yds. on each side of my tripod and still got deer coming in. At least it don't seem to have ran them all off! :shock:
So what y'all think, those of you who have tried it?

Disclaimer- I have no affiliation with this or any Company or Business.
I am a self diagnosed gadget junkie and I enjoy field testing. Some are jam-up and unfortunately most are not. :(
I have found that most "products" are designed to catch hunters and fishermen. Every once in a while a good one comes along.
Is Ever Calm a good one? Time will tell. I will post my findings.
W.Miguire

Re: Ever Calm

Post by W.Miguire »

I used it last year on my blind and it don't come off . just play the wind .
W.M.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....my brother-in-law swears by it! Said it absolutely works!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wabi

Post by wabi »

The landowner where I hunt uses it and says he has seen good results.

The other evening he was snapping pictures of two fawns under his tripod stand (we hung a feeder on the stand and they were eating corn under it). He forgot to turn off the flash and it didn't seem to disturb the fawns at all. Guess they were calm! :lol: :lol:
wabi
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

W.Miguire wrote:I used it last year on my blind and it don't come off . just play the wind .
W.M.
I always try to play the wind but it usually ends up playing me! lol. On a serious note the dang wind swirls so much around here, it will be in your face one minute and at your back the next. I can use all the help that I can get!
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

amythntr wrote:....my brother-in-law swears by it! Said it absolutely works!

Anthony :)
Cool. Be sure to post any success he has using it.
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

wabi wrote:The landowner where I hunt uses it and says he has seen good results.

The other evening he was snapping pictures of two fawns under his tripod stand (we hung a feeder on the stand and they were eating corn under it). He forgot to turn off the flash and it didn't seem to disturb the fawns at all. Guess they were calm! :lol: :lol:
I would say they were calm!

Hey Wabi, I like your feeder. Thinking about building one similar to feed a corn/sweet feed/diacalcium phosphate mix. Don't know how it will hold up to the hogs. Ratchet strap to a tree, minimum. :x
lscha

Post by lscha »

I've used it for 2 years. Can't say my success is because of it at all but it's always in my pack. :wink:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

lscha wrote:I've used it for 2 years. Can't say my success is because of it at all but it's always in my pack. :wink:
Good deal. I may be wrong, but I think they (Conquest Scents) may be on to something.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Crazy Horse wrote:Hey Wabi, I like your feeder. Thinking about building one similar to feed a corn/sweet feed/diacalcium phosphate mix. Don't know how it will hold up to the hogs. Ratchet strap to a tree, minimum. :x
When I made the feeder I put concrete (topping mix - sand & cement) in the bottom to make a ramp to direct the corn to the holes. I also put concrete in the lid to make it heavy enough so I wouldn't need to fasten it down. Probably added 50-60 lbs to the weight of the steel drum. :lol:
We don't have hogs, but nothing here has managed to tip it over or get the lid off.
If you decide to build one I'll try to get pictures of the inside if you want them. At the rate the critters are going through corn all I'll have to do is wait 2 days without filling it. That's almost 50 lbs of corn a day! :shock: :lol:

The feeder at my buddy's stand is a 5 gal bucket with a Pennco feeder that dumps about 2 lbs of corn twice a day. We can get over a week on each filling there. :D

copy & paste link:
http://www.pennco.com/
wabi
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

GOOD STUFF IN MY OPINION, TRYING TO FIND IT LOCALLY WAS A CHALLENGE. I ENDED UP ORDERING ONLINE. THAT TELLS ME IT'S BEING SOLD OUT IN STORE IN MY AREA ANYWAYS.

I TOOK A V-BOW DOE AT 25 YARDS AFTER STALKING FROM 175 AND MY WIFE GOT TO 33 YARDS TO SHOOT HERS THIS YEAR TOO.
GO HAWKS!
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Wabi, I would like to see some pictures of your feeder if you have them handy. I like the cement idea. Thanks for the link, those dump feeders are cool. Prices are good, too. I have a long piece of 14" PVC. With a little fabrication that dump feeder would be ideal. I have a Swinney spin feeder, but it's good for corn only. The sweet feed will plug it up. Thanks, again. 8)
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

BULLZ-i wrote:GOOD STUFF IN MY OPINION, TRYING TO FIND IT LOCALLY WAS A CHALLENGE. I ENDED UP ORDERING ONLINE. THAT TELLS ME IT'S BEING SOLD OUT IN STORE IN MY AREA ANYWAYS.

I TOOK A V-BOW DOE AT 25 YARDS AFTER STALKING FROM 175 AND MY WIFE GOT TO 33 YARDS TO SHOOT HERS THIS YEAR TOO.
Thanks for the report. I had to get mine online also....good ol Amazon!
Congrats to you and your wife. Not an easy feat! 8)
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Y'all keep em coming! I gotta jump offline for a while but I'll be back. 8)
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i not big on scents but this i do use have for the last couple years i like it never spooked game on me use more for walking in on my boots dicks carries it .