Frustration with Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

farm3rbrian

Frustration with Excalibur

Post by farm3rbrian »

I am becoming extremely frustrated with the support and information available from Excalibur. Case in point: recently purchased a Matrix Grizzly, realizing a 10+ year dream. As noted in a previous post, the documentation and video in my package were not relevant to the Grizzly. My frustration maxed out today when I tried to install my R.E.D.S system. Nothing I did would meet the tolerances between string and R.E.D.S bumpers. Yet another call to the tech department. Turns out that even though the package says "fits all Matrix crossbows", it doesn't. After a lengthy discussion with the tech guy, it turns out that the Grizzly is a hybrid and nothing made for Matrix bows as accessories fits the Grizzly! Brilliant marketing strategy, but it sure sucks for us Grizzly owners. My local dealer was totally unaware that this was the case. AAAAARRRRRGH
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
Normous

Re: Frustration with Excalibur

Post by Normous »

The good thing is that any other question that you may have can usually be answered by many of the forum members here in short order.
That sucks about your REDS situation and I can sympathize.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

farm3rbrian wrote:I am becoming extremely frustrated with the support and information available from Excalibur. Case in point: recently purchased a Matrix Grizzly, realizing a 10+ year dream. As noted in a previous post, the documentation and video in my package were not relevant to the Grizzly. My frustration maxed out today when I tried to install my R.E.D.S system. Nothing I did would meet the tolerances between string and R.E.D.S bumpers. Yet another call to the tech department. Turns out that even though the package says "fits all Matrix crossbows", it doesn't. After a lengthy discussion with the tech guy, it turns out that the Grizzly is a hybrid and nothing made for Matrix bows as accessories fits the Grizzly! Brilliant marketing strategy, but it sure sucks for us Grizzly owners. My local dealer was totally unaware that this was the case. AAAAARRRRRGH
I would return it pronto and choose a different model :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

You are right for sure. Don't know what I would do without the forum. That is why I posted this topic, so many others can see the path more clearly and avoid the frustrations. Don't get me wrong, the Grizzly is great. It is all the other "clutter" that sucks. Wouldn't be surprised if the new model introductions were rushed to market without supporting documentation and information either
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Interesting. I recently bought a micro and was surprised to find that in the previously unopened box were 125 grain not 150 grain points, scope already had the rings on and tight to it but they were not set right for the rail and the scope info was diferent to the scope also I was very disappointed to say the least and I hope the bow is not put together as shoddy as its packaging was !!
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Deaf Jeff, returning and getting a different model not an option. Cost prohibitive and like I said, I love the Grizzly. Just not happy with Excalibur not providing relevant documentation and accessory lists when they knew this bow was unique and required that kind of info. the old "putting the cart before the horse" mentality.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Look at it this way, you will carry a lighter crossbow into the woods. I might add that I machined my REDS and my Danny Miller bumpers to shave unwanted weight from them.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Normous wrote:Look at it this way, you will carry a lighter crossbow into the woods. I might add that I machined my REDS and my Danny Miller bumpers to shave unwanted weight from them.
I bought a Grizzly and put a set of Danny Millers bunpers on. The bumpers were a good 3/4" off the string at the correct brace height! I really like this bow but the customers should be made aware that some parts are not interchangeable. Is the Bowtech mentality starting to seep into the Excal R&D?
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Grizzly uses same bumpers as Micro and 310. Swept back riser.

Post by newbie »

flightattendant100 wrote:Grizzly uses same bumpers as Micro and 310. Swept back riser.
This. Don(Boo) has some for the 310 still. Check the trading post.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I am having a hard time visualizing your riser and reds situation .
Could you please post a picture with your riser and your reds purchased .
Until we see it . I am at a loss . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Normous

Post by Normous »

farm3rbrian, I did mention earlier that the forum members a quick to find a solution, Thanks guys!
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Took a picture of two of my bows with string suppressors . Which is the most like yours .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

To flightattendant100: not trying to argue with you, but the Excal Tech guy said that the R.E.D.S system I need is unique to the Grizzly - #7008. Will check that out.
To Doemaster: already returned the R.E.D.S i had purchased to the dealer and ordered the right ones. I can tell you that there was almost as much gap between the bumpers and the string as there was for brace height, even though the tech guy said the spacing was supposed to be 1/4"
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

I can see from the pictures that you have plenty of adjustment room to play with. When I tried to adjust the #7006 bumpers, the locking screws were catching air. No adjustment whatsoever