Turkey arrows for micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jwall

Turkey arrows for micro 335

Post by Jwall »

Does anyone have a great setup for turkey hunting with a micro that they would be willing to share with a newbie?
flightattendant100

Re: Turkey arrows for micro 335

Post by flightattendant100 »

Factory quills and FOC broad heads. Works great
Jwall

Post by Jwall »

flightattendant100 wrote:Factory quills and FOC broad heads. Works great
Thanks flightattendant, do you put any stoppers behind your broadheads?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Last season I used the magnus bullheads out of my Micro. I tuned them to fly great. However my bush went dry and I never had one legal turkey in close to try them out... LOL

Will be using them again on opening day April 25th and hopefully a legal bird will show up in range this time....

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Last season I used the magnus bullheads out of my Micro. I tuned them to fly great. However my bush went dry and I never had one legal turkey in close to try them out... LOL

Will be using them again on opening day April 25th and hopefully a legal bird will show up in range this time....

Jeff
Jeff,
Did you use long arrows so the Bullhead was outside of the stirrup?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

nchunterkw wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Last season I used the magnus bullheads out of my Micro. I tuned them to fly great. However my bush went dry and I never had one legal turkey in close to try them out... LOL

Jeff
Jeff,
Did you use long arrows so the Bullhead was outside of the stirrup?
Yep I used 17" shafts to just clear the stirrup. I have my spot picked out for opening day and hope the birds cooperate this time...:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

For turkeys I use the same as I do for deer, simply because it works. I do slap a Zwickey Grappler on it, it won't prevent a pass through, but makes arrow recovery a bit easier.
Zombie Slayers and 100G Slick Tricks.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Last year i shot the F,O,C,s out of my Micro total weight was around 380gr.I wont be useing the F,O,C,s this year as it really made a mess out of the bird!ImageImage
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Jwall

Post by Jwall »

Mr Meat doesnt look that dude was able to run very far.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Jeff
Interesting I have a bunch of 100 grain and 125 grain bullheads I used in my compound for turkey. Since I ruined my shoulder I haven't been able to shoot my compound and it would be nice to use these as they weren't cheap. I couldn't try them in my exomax but just bought a micro so this could also be a good use for the longer arrows I have still. Are you using the ones for a compound bow or is there a new type made for a crossbow? I may just have to try them out when it gets a little warmer. Thanks for the idea! Just gotta sneak out another of the wifes decorative pillows for a stop ! :D
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Jeff
Interesting I have a bunch of 100 grain and 125 grain bullheads I used in my compound for turkey. Since I ruined my shoulder I haven't been able to shoot my compound and it would be nice to use these as they weren't cheap. I couldn't try them in my exomax but just bought a micro so this could also be a good use for the longer arrows I have still. Are you using the ones for a compound bow or is there a new type made for a crossbow? I may just have to try them out when it gets a little warmer. Thanks for the idea! Just gotta sneak out another of the wifes decorative pillows for a stop ! :D
I just used the regular compound version. I was surprised that I got them to group so good.

X2 on using the wife's decorative pillow to sight in the bullheads. I just told her the dog chewed it up... LOL
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Thanks for the info gonna give them a try and see how they fly !!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

goen to try that spinning insert for the Magnus Bull head this year . but gona try the big one . I figured I would give it a try . I found last year you have to index your shafts with the smaller vanes . if they don't fly good it's back to last years set up. IMO you can't beat the Bull Head for turkeys. DOC check out their web site and you will be converted.
W.M.