Are You Tough Enough?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: Are You Tough Enough?

Post by papabear1 »

woodmnctry wrote:I thought about it "once" --- decided that was not a positive idea --but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. :D :D :D
Man you must be tougher than you think :shock: :shock: I hear them bed bugs are pretty tough !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I know someone who tried to uncock his with one hand that didn't work either
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Rufus wrote:I know someone who tried to uncock his with one hand that didn't work either
That makes my hand hurt just thinking about it!! :lol:

Years ago I had an old PSE Crossfire and I leaned that un-cocking lesson :roll: :mrgreen:
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

I've never tried it, but i pull a 660 lbs deadlift at the gym - so it shouldn't be a problem. (with gloves offcourse)

Looking to this, i hope for a 500 lbs excalibur in the future, with 700 fps!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

When I bought my exomax it didn't come with a rope cocker so I thought the only way to cock one was with your hands. Then a buddy laughed at me and showed me his rope cocker. I went right out and bought one. I still used to try once every year just to see if I could do it and once had to do it in the stand after shooting a doe and then watching a nice 10 point walk in and me with an uncocked bow. But this year after shoulder surgery I tried and no way ! As far as decocking before I got the rope cocker I used to do it the way they told you. Take off arrow, put foot in stirup, release safety, hold string in hands on both sides and with thumb depress trigger. Man that was a fun experience every night after hunting. :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I couldn't hand cock/decock my 380/335 if my life depended on it...I could hear and feel my arms being ripped out of my shoulder sockets along with my eyeballs popping out and i would not even dare to discuss the soiling of my knickers.... :shock: :oops: :cry: :|

Anthony :oops:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I hate to even write this but yes. Went up to my cottage upnorth and left my rope cocker downstate on my work bench. I didn't relize it until I went to shoot a few practice shots before going out to hunt. I knew it would hurt my hands as I had hand cocked my Exomax before when I owned it. Went to the garage and grabbed a pair of leather work gloves, went out and hand cocked the 380 I guess about 8-10 times as it didn't shoot on target like it normally does, then I realized it probably wouldn't because the string more than likely wasn't being centered from using my hands to cock the bow. Anyway went out hunting and was able to hunt that evening by cocking by hand with the gloves and then shooting an arrow into the ground at the end of the night. I do try to keep myself in good shape however and workout at a gym almost everyday and still can curl120lbs 8 reps and bench 315lbs at 64 years of age not any where near as much as I used to bench only a few years ago but I'm happy with that..I'm 6'2" and I weigh 205lbs. Yes the worse part was even with the leather gloves it hurt my hands a lot...lol. The things we do just to get a shot at a deer....
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Michiganhunter wrote:I hate to even write this but yes. Went up to my cottage upnorth and left my rope cocker downstate on my work bench. I didn't relize it until I went to shoot a few practice shots before going out to hunt. I knew it would hurt my hands as I had hand cocked my Exomax before when I owned it. Went to the garage and grabbed a pair of leather work gloves, went out and hand cocked the 380 I guess about 8-10 times as it didn't shoot on target like it normally does, then I realized it probably wouldn't because the string more than likely wasn't being centered from using my hands to cock the bow. Anyway went out hunting and was able to hunt that evening by cocking by hand with the gloves and then shooting an arrow into the ground at the end of the night. I do try to keep myself in good shape however and workout at a gym almost everyday and still can curl120lbs 8 reps and bench 315lbs at 64 years of age not any where near as much as I used to bench only a few years ago but I'm happy with that..I'm 6'2" and I weigh 205lbs. Yes the worse part was even with the leather gloves it hurt my hands a lot...lol. The things we do just to get a shot at a deer....
I can't believe you shot the arrow to unload it. Once I got it cocked I would've left it that way the whole trip....just removing the arrow of course.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Never even tried! It's a hand full for me with the rope! It's hell getting old! :lol:
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

paulaboutform wrote:
Michiganhunter wrote:I hate to even write this but yes. Went up to my cottage upnorth and left my rope cocker downstate on my work bench. I didn't relize it until I went to shoot a few practice shots before going out to hunt. I knew it would hurt my hands as I had hand cocked my Exomax before when I owned it. Went to the garage and grabbed a pair of leather work gloves, went out and hand cocked the 380 I guess about 8-10 times as it didn't shoot on target like it normally does, then I realized it probably wouldn't because the string more than likely wasn't being centered from using my hands to cock the bow. Anyway went out hunting and was able to hunt that evening by cocking by hand with the gloves and then shooting an arrow into the ground at the end of the night. I do try to keep myself in good shape however and workout at a gym almost everyday and still can curl120lbs 8 reps and bench 315lbs at 64 years of age not any where near as much as I used to bench only a few years ago but I'm happy with that..I'm 6'2" and I weigh 205lbs. Yes the worse part was even with the leather gloves it hurt my hands a lot...lol. The things we do just to get a shot at a deer....
I can't believe you shot the arrow to unload it. Once I got it cocked I would've left it that way the whole trip....just removing the arrow of course.

Paul
Funny Paul because it was less than 2 seconds after I fired that arrow with field tip into the ground and I thought the same thing...What a dummy...lol However I hate the thought of even hunting from daylight until dark with the bow cocked that long so overnight plus all day and I would have been worried about it. Anyway early the next morning I just took a deep breath and cocked the bow and hunted all day again never seeing a deer either day so I could have just left the bow in my truck I guess....lol This is why my wife just looks at me and shakes her head sometimes...lol
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger