This Morning I Pulled my Stands Fer Another Year,,

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

This Morning I Pulled my Stands Fer Another Year,,

Post by wildcatter »

Well this morning I finally went and pulled my stands fer this year. Be heading south the hunt the final 2 weeks of Ohio's 2015 deer season Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a beautiful morning but a sad morning every year I go thru this ritual, but I love these crisp, quiet and peaceful mornings.

I did a little walk about the last woods I was at, kinda good that I'm heading to the big timber. Around here the deer are no longer using the small woodlots I have permission on, and can't get permission where there bedding and feeding this time of the season. 2 more weeks and the long wait fer 2016 deer season will begin,,,, I'm going to savor it while I can,,,, :wink:
Last edited by wildcatter on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wildcatter

Re: Pulled my Stands,, Beginning to End Another Season,,,,

Post by wildcatter »

sorry dble pst
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Normous

Re: Pulled my Stands Fer Another Year,, Beginning to End Ano

Post by Normous »

Good luck in Ohio!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Re: Pulled my Stands Fer Another Year,,,,

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i have that feelin when my deer season ends, its nice to go n get up in the tree n spy on them tick toters. When it closes it puts me in the mully grubs til Sept. when it opens unless i am gettin to go fishin, then i am good all under :)
Unlike you my friend i no pull stands unless some serious travel routes have changed n the deer no longer use that area. Usually clear cuttin does that fer several yrs here
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Heyu

Re: This Morning I Pulled my Stands Fer Another Year,,

Post by Heyu »

Hate the after season blues. But find ways to keep the spirit alive. Still pulling cards from my trail cams and seeing nice bucks that survived is always inspiring too. Lucky you though. Enjoy it! Good luck to you there.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

vixenmaster wrote:Unlike you my friend i no pull stands unless some serious travel routes have changed n the deer no longer use that area. Usually clear cuttin does that fer several yrs here
Around here you'd be building or buying new stands every year if ya left em,,, absolutely no respect,,,,, even on public land I have never so much as climbed another hunter's stand, matter a fact if I see one, I give it wide berth, whether there is a hunter in it or not,,,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Our season in Texas is pretty long ( first Sat. of Oct. for archery thru the first Sun. in Jan. for rifle) One of the guys I hunt with WILL NOT go the last weekend .....Its just too sad! :lol: ....No, we don't tease him about that! 8)
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

wildcatter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Unlike you my friend i no pull stands unless some serious travel routes have changed n the deer no longer use that area. Usually clear cuttin does that fer several yrs here
Around here you'd be building or buying new stands every year if ya left em,,, absolutely no respect,,,,, even on public land I have never so much as climbed another hunter's stand, matter a fact if I see one, I give it wide berth, whether there is a hunter in it or not,,,,,
You are so rite, I own the woods I hunt in an have caught people coming in from behind are property . Dose,nt happen much but has happened.
You must be close to my county. Crawford County.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

And today I am taking two stands into the swamp so that when spring is here I can wade through the edge water and scout for a place to ambush for next fall. First 100 yards going in are always flooded and from there on in dry so it is only walk in till mid summer. Before green up in the spring the trails show up great from last fall's rut. Great time to lay an ambush.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I pulled all my stands about 2 weeks ago. A few years ago all the guys around me that leave their stands up had them stolen in February. I lost a camera and think it must have taken pics of them in the act. They must have been prepared thieves because you would have needed at the least bolt cutters to get my cam. :evil:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Timbrhuntr wrote:I pulled all my stands about 2 weeks ago. A few years ago all the guys around me that leave their stands up had them stolen in February. I lost a camera and think it must have taken pics of them in the act. They must have been prepared thieves because you would have needed at the least bolt cutters to get my cam. :evil:
Have had that happen here on my place, stole cam n stands. Now i jus use Hang-On stands here n cable-lock them. The ladder stix's & safety bar i pull n bring to cabin. The Hang-On is left cable-locked 20' -30' up in the tree :D They shinny up to get them if'en they feel real lucky :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315