new matrix 380 bo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

codye

new matrix 380 bo

Post by codye »

good morning all
I am new to the x bow world , have owned 2 verticals , I have a couple of questions hoping you can help me with . I am a 2 fingered typist 1 is called hunter the other is poker they are 62 years young , please bear with lol . out of the box ,limb assemble , the string is stretched to the point of putting heavy pressure on the reds . I have the 380 assembled , the kit was missing the limb mount allan key and the quiver bracket screws. this is no problem . question 1 the rope caulking aid seems very short when hooked into the loading grove and 1 side of the string against the rail the other side is 3.5 to 4 " above the string has this been cut back? and should I replace the bow string
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G
otisbrazwell

Re: new matrix 380 bo

Post by otisbrazwell »

you need a string aid and the string needs to have more twists in it..string should be 1/4"-3/8" off rubber bumpers.. :idea:
Last edited by otisbrazwell on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

The rope is supposed to be short . You need to lift the string to the hook and pull . On this web site I think there is a section on using the cocking rope . Did you get an manual with it ? That should be in there .
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Stringing aid ASAP! You can pretty much do all your own maintance on an excal yourself. You made a great purchase.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
codye

Post by codye »

thx bcwn
i.ve only wanted an excal for about 10 years ive done a lot of research and watched a ton of vids about our sport and the trainings vids by Excalibur
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome to the forum. :D
As stated, the cocking aid is supposed to be that length. It's easier to load with less length of pull by pulling the string up to the hook.
***DO NOT SHOOT YOUR BOW WITH THE STRING ON THE BUMPERS!***
This can damage your limbs. You need a stringing aid. This will allow you to half cock your bow and remove one end of the string to add twists to it/shorten it.
You can buy the Excalibur stringing aid or you can purchase it from Boo on this forum or Danny Miller at horizontal archery. I prefer the latter.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
codye

Post by codye »

good afternoon all
got to town and found an excal string aid at Canadian tire . by the time I got that dern thing adjusted so I could get the string off I was worn out lol the string came off stiff as a plank almost petrified . I hand waxed it with x wax and touched up all the servings cranked about 20 twists into it and now it just touches the reds pads . i'm about 3/4 " low of my brace height mark still. and im not sure how many more twists can safely be put into the string . or should I buy a new 1. this 1 has probably bin loaded up on the limbs since new so about 2-3 years thanx again for all the help
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

codye wrote:good afternoon all
got to town and found an excal string aid at Canadian tire . by the time I got that dern thing adjusted so I could get the string off I was worn out lol the string came off stiff as a plank almost petrified . I hand waxed it with x wax and touched up all the servings cranked about 20 twists into it and now it just touches the reds pads . i'm about 3/4 " low of my brace height mark still. and im not sure how many more twists can safely be put into the string . or should I buy a new 1. this 1 has probably bin loaded up on the limbs since new so about 2-3 years thanx again for all the help
Welcome codye! Don't worry about the amount of twists your string can take. Just crank that string till you get the brace height. Dont load the string up with wax or you will have wax sprayed all over your bow or in your trigger box which would gum it up. Use it sparingly or spray some teflon sprayed on a rag and wiped on and off the top of your rail. Happy shootin,
Hank
codye

Post by codye »

gm to all
thank you Hank for the info and again to the forum for the assistance with my new canon , this is going to as much fun as my tc 54 cal renegade pc . time to get ready for work . have a great day gang and be safe
matrix 380 BO
TC 54 renegade PC
marlin 3030 336 RC G
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum and have fun with that new Excal! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads