New member here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Melmark

New member here

Post by Melmark »

Hello, just ordered my first crossbow. Matrix Grizzly, I have never owned a crossbow before but have hunted whitetail with a compound bow in the past. I live in Pennsylvania USA. I ordered the Grizzly kit from an Ebay seller store, pine-mountain-archery. I think that I got a good price. Cant wait to get started,,,any tips or advice on getting started would be appreciated but also just looking forward to browsing the forums as well.

Cheers

Mark
rein1

Re: New member here

Post by rein1 »

Enjoy your Grizzly , I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from this forum.. The price you paid is long forgotten after you enjoy your new crossbow..Make sure you get a stringing aid and watch your brace height .
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

rein1 wrote:Enjoy your Grizzly , I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from this forum.. The price you paid is long forgotten after you enjoy your new crossbow..Make sure you get a stringing aid and watch your brace height .
Thanks, I agree. I tried to do my homework and spoke with friends before buying. I liked the idea of a recurve especially since I am just jumping in. The kit comes with bolts, stringing aid , quiver and a few other things. I am sure I will need accessories as I learn. I would have preferred to buy from a shop but had nobody local that was willing to spend time talking. Gonna have to learn what brace height is...the bow is being shipped but I think I will begin by reading the manual that is online here.

mark
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Congrats on your new Grizzly and welcome to the forum. Happy shooting and safe hunting to you. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Welcome to forum :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

Thanks guys, just viewed the entire DVD video online.....what a fantastic job and so very useful for a newbie, can't wait to get the bow!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Welcome to the forum, you will get answers to any question here !!!!

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome aboard. Search eBay for the stringing tool, make sure it is the metal reinforced new model. Someone here will post a picture I'm sure. You should spend less than $30. shipped. You will have to set the length for your model, but very easy to do.
Good luck, and enjoy!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the Grizzly n Welcome here
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

xcaliber wrote:Welcome aboard. Search eBay for the stringing tool, make sure it is the metal reinforced new model. Someone here will post a picture I'm sure. You should spend less than $30. shipped. You will have to set the length for your model, but very easy to do.
Good luck, and enjoy!
Yup, I will have to pick one up. I saw them being used in the online video. I plan on getting the string tool and some spare bolts right away then figuring what else I need as I go. I got the Bow, Scope and lite kit. The store I bought from lists a new one every day with no reserve. Their buy it now price is 475$ which I thought was pretty good (free shipping). I kept bidding and losing out then I got lucky and scored this one for 318$ plus 20$ shipping. I think I did ok.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome and congrats on the new bow!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Congrats and welcome! U got a great deal!
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Melmark

Post by Melmark »

Been reading on the forum for almost 6 hours straight.....so much fantastic info. here. Got lots of questions answered already. I definitely think that I made the right choice by buying an Excalibur. Thanks for the welcomes!

Mark
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, and congratulations on the new bow!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Welcome Mark. You got a smokin deal on your grizz. Have fun and keep your thumb away from the triangle of pain. :D
Hank