spitfire sharp?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

spitfire sharp?

Post by Troubleshooter »

I heard some people say on the forum that the spitfire broadhead are very sharp.

I ordered a 3-pack of these, and it seems to be impossible to cut yourself with the so called 'sharp' blades.

My boltcutters are obvious sharper. (and i thought the boltcutters were allready not very sharp)

Did i get 'wrong' spitfires or something? Or do i have to sharpen it myself...

Really dissapointed with these.

Please you experiences with these / your comment about this.
vixenmaster

Re: spitfire sharp?

Post by vixenmaster »

Its one of those Murphy things don't cha knowed :lol: I have a dz of'em n they all will cut yer liver out quick :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

our group all use SPITFIRES my gosh for at least 20 years..I used bear points on my cedar arrows...Spits will cut out of package...I bought a archery broadhead file 40 years ago you will not believe how sharp it makes blades..I cannot even get a blade that sharp with LANKSY sharpener..That file is unreal...
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I have to sharpen everything I buy now regardless of what brand it is. I've just came to expect it !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I collect dull Spitfires....if you are just gonna get rid of them.... :mrgreen: ...you are not supposed to open the blades because it weakens the piece that holds them in place....I have found that not one deer has complained after getting hit with them...I guess it was because "they be dead!" ....my take is that they are just awesome!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Any chance u got practice blades/head? Just a thought...
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

Midway USA has a practice tip.
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks

Post by newbie »

8ptbuk wrote:I have to sharpen everything I buy now regardless of what brand it is. I've just came to expect it !
X2 except for g5 strikers.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

To be honest, I've never checked mine for sharpness. That said, I've yet to have a deer survive an encounter with a spitfire. Love these heads for flight and reliability!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

I have been using spitfire broadheads for 15 years or more and have never thought they were not sharp. have always been satisfied with them-sharpness, reliability, they shoot like my field tips
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Most expandables i have seen schwacker. spitfire dont have a super super super anal sharp blades if thats what you mean but i assure you a store bought new spitfire is sharp enough to do its job. I would think too sharp would mean an edge rolling over rather than cutting is very important cutting human skin with a scalpal is different than deer hair n ribs.In my longbow days i could get a zwickey awful sharp with just a new millbasterd file. They killed deer just as dead i know they werent "scalpal " sharp.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:Most expandables i have seen schwacker. spitfire dont have a super super super anal sharp blades if thats what you mean but i assure you a store bought new spitfire is sharp enough to do its job. I would think too sharp would mean an edge rolling over rather than cutting is very important cutting human skin with a scalpal is different than deer hair n ribs.In my longbow days i could get a zwickey awful sharp with just a new millbasterd file. They killed deer just as dead i know they werent "scalpal " sharp.
I USED ZWICKEY FOR 50 YEARS AND YOU ARE RIGHT WITH THAT FILE I HAD IT WAS LIKE RAZOR BLADE...NEVER TRIED FILE ON MY SPITS..
Stocksoccer

Post by Stocksoccer »

2 Deer dead this season with the spitfires 125, they ran a combined 60 yds.
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Well, nice to hear you guys have good experiences. Seems to be i'm the first one with sharpnes problems.

I din't expect a super super sharp broadhead, but you can push your finger hard on it, slide it hardly and fast along the 'sharp' side and see really nothing happen.

I ordered these broadheads in Germany, but this should be not the difference...