Stock diablos for matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Stock diablos for matrix

Post by Arrowflinger »

Ive noticed a lot of the members here use a wide variety of arrows , inserts,broadheads etc. How big of difference is there between those and the stock diablos with 150 grain heads. I ask because it seems the stock ones shoot pretty consistent out of my 350LE. Just curios. Thanks for the info.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
georgiaboy

Re: Stock diablos for matrix

Post by georgiaboy »

The short answer is because we like to play with our set up's. :mrgreen:
If all our bows were the same this forum would get boring very quickly! :lol:
I have killed a bunch of critter's with stock fire bolts...your set up will work just fine. :wink:
Good luck!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

its like night a day between custom bolts and the easton ones in my experience. The eastons will shoot flyers all the time but the custom ones are like driving a nail gun. Its so repeatable in crazy.

I'd invest 100$ in custom bolts before investing 100$+ in an aftermarket scope any day of the week.
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

I shoot stock diablos with 150gr fields as well out of my 350LE and agree that it is pretty damn accurate even for a beginner crossbow shooter.

At 40yrds standing freehand with the deadzone scope i can hit within 2inches of exactly what i was aiming at with the triangle chevron. Considering i would most likely be using my shooting rail in a deer hunting situation, i am pretty confident i can put it in the boiler room from as far as that scope would allow. Let alone closer!
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks for the comments and opinions.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

It is not cheaper to build your own nor easier. But it is fun and rewarding when they fly true. So to answer, Why build custom arrows ?

Because we can! :lol:
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think too that many of the folks transition to crossbow hunting from traditional or bow hunting as laws change, and we age. The availability of arrows are sometimes hard to get, and we have the tools, and knowledge to build our own, so we do. It's just another part of the sport to keep us out of trouble, and become more confident in our setup. Stock arrows have probably taken more game animals than any other brand, so if you like them, and they work fine, and you can get them, use them.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!