Adhesive brake pads not happy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

2cyclemech

Adhesive brake pads not happy

Post by 2cyclemech »

Micro 315 is the model I have dealer recommended the adhesive brake pads watched them clean limbs with alcohol an attach pads they lasted 8 shots they both popped off , it seemed like they were installed too much on the curve of the limb dealer gave me a new set to try any advice or should I just use string leeches
paulaboutform

Re: Adhesive brake pads not happy

Post by paulaboutform »

I've had them stay on great but there is a technique to attaching them.
1.) remove your string and clean your limbs with isopropyl alcohol.
2.) attach your string and set your brace height to where you will keep it.
3.) Take 1 twist out of your string to make it slightly longer.
4.) Remove the backing of your limb damper and line it up with the string in the groove. The skinny end pointing towards the limb tip of course.
5.) Slide the dampener towards the limb tip until you make contact with the limb. Depress firmly and repeat for the other limb.
6.) When both dampeners are attached add the 1 twist back to the string to shorten it and bring it back to the proper brace height. The string will be close to the dampeners but not touching them.
This worked pretty good for me and they'll be lined up perfectly.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Maybe worth not shooting for a couple of days to allow the sticky stuff to cure properly.
I did that with the ones that were being sold a year or so back and there were a lot of complaints about them popping off.
I've had no trouble with them at all.
2cyclemech

Post by 2cyclemech »

Good advise will follow an see what happens , side note when shop installed I didn't shoot bow for a week til I had time .Thanx again
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

The question I have, is do they work? Do they actual lower the noise level ?
greybuff

Post by greybuff »

Use the alcohol with the higher percentage alcohol. The one that is 70% has a bit of petroleum that doesn't clean as well.\\
MICRO 335 CAMO
Nikon Bolt
2Stage TT
FOR THE LITTLE LADY:
VIXEN from an EXOCET (VIXOCET)
Varizone
BOO STRING
Homemade Bumpers
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

It could an old batch with old glue. I know the originals had that problem and excal pulled them until they and 3m could fix the issue.

I had/got a pair of the old ones and after the first shot, pop went the right one and I peeled off thr left right after.

Flash forward about a week after that and bought a second pair at my local shop that must have been the new glue etc and so far knock on wood after roughly a couple hundred shots they are still holding strong .

In both cases the local shop put them on.

As far as toning the noise and vibratiin down some. I have them, the excal airbrackes, Dr stirrup bumpers/string stops and Dr stirrup limb savers/dampeners.

There is still a noise but it's more similar to the sound of when the arrow hits the target. And the vibration has been cut down alot, but I also did some other mods for that too so...
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en you want you can run naked wid yer limbs. If'en my Excal didn't come wid'em i don't add them. Noise ain't nutten but a human thing my friend
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

vixenmaster wrote:If'en you want you can run naked wid yer limbs. If'en my Excal didn't come wid'em i don't add them. Noise ain't nutten but a human thing my friend
I know one thing. If the weather is the same as it was last year come hunting time I might be hunting naked. I've put alot of time and effort into modifying my ghillie suit and if it means going bare butt cheeks in it to use then a commando I will go!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Anything like that type we always use hair dryer on low heat BUT is heating limbs a little good idea most likely not but do not know ..
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

I use them as well and go one step further to make sure they stay on.

I wrap a piece of camo tape around the small lip of the adhesive pad to secure them to the limb on either side of the pad. I figure if they start to peel off it would do so from the side first.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo