Air brakes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huronsteel

Air brakes

Post by Huronsteel »

I have a matrix 355 I've put a trigger, scope, adf, custom string on it now I'm thinking about the air brakes, do you guys think it's worth it to put them on, looking for some input from the big boys out there.
L. E. Carroll

Re: Air brakes

Post by L. E. Carroll »

You have it very well equipped at this point... I would only suggest a set of Danny Miller "baby bumpers" or Excal REDS and consider it "Good to Go" .....

I have my Matrix 355 set up as you described, but with a Crossbones scope, a set of Danny's "baby bumpers" and no ADF at this point, but it does have a "Boo Worked" Trigger.

I see no need for air brakes on a 355 at all. :wink:

BTW, I took a very nice 4x4 Bull Elk with mine set up as described last fall. :D

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
DirtyDeeds

Post by DirtyDeeds »

I put an air brake on mine and I like it. It did help some with the noise but not a whole lot considering we're shooting noisy crossbows to begin with.

Don't know about you guys but half the stuff I do to my equipment has a high cool lets experiment factor to it. I personally think it looks good, same reason why I also have a custom string as well.
Stocksoccer

Post by Stocksoccer »

Bought 2 for each of my Grizzlies. I noticed a change in sound reduction,
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

Thank you men for the response I think my going to order me a new half dozen bolts and dail her in for hunting season
Capitalareasports

Post by Capitalareasports »

I too like the airbrakes,,,but arrows are a good investment too