One hard headed person

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

One hard headed person

Post by hunter with MS »

I am one very hard headed person . Having MS and going through radiation treatment has made me a little more weaker in my arms and hands . I decided to practice with my Matrix 330 I use the caldwell deadshot fieldpod for a rest . first shots way left was not this way the last time I shot so I adjust the scope to the Right try again still left . Finally I looked at the string as I was using the rope cocking aid I was pulling harder with the left hand as it is my stronger causing it to set up off to the left and shooting left . I got out my crank-a roo cocking aid and used it guess what had to reset scope back to what it was when I started took me 2 days to figure it out. Will be using it for Bear In September
vixenmaster

Re: One hard headed person

Post by vixenmaster »

Certainly glad you gotstid it figured out, strong vs weak side
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
janesy

Post by janesy »

Keep up the fight, well beat this disease soon. I have a good friend with MS who refuses to give up hunting and fishing. Guys like you and him are inspirations for all.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:Keep up the fight, well beat this disease soon. I have a good friend with MS who refuses to give up hunting and fishing. Guys like you and him are inspirations for all.
X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Thanks for the encouragement always have to adjust and adapt to this I had to find a light weight crossbow I went with the Matrix 330 to replace my Exomax I had to also find a light weight easy shooting shotgun which I went with a Mossberg SA-20 weighs around 6 pounds . Never a dull moment with this someday I will try to film the course of the MS and the changes I have had to make to stay in the field .
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

The rope cocker should be able to equalize because it has rollers in the hooks. Make sure that the rollers are turning freely. Sometimes the plastic is squeezing the rollers too tightly and it causes them to bind.

The rope cocker will give you a faster follow up shot than the crank.

Hang in there and good luck on the bear hunt.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

X2 give em hell . Your awsome
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I thought the rope would equal it out also but I was pulling a lot harder with my left then my right taking more rope causing with it to cock off line same as when you cock it by hand it was off enough to cause a shot that was close to 4 to 5 inches off to the left. I am using my rope cocker to uncock it when I leave the woods and if I really need a follow up shot in a hurry other then that I am using my cranker . I don't shoot off hand much any more I practice that just in case most of the time I am using a caldwell deadshot fieldpod .
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I got LYMES bad and its terrible too.Tired, sore ,weak, blurry eyes,chance of heart attack or kidney failure,headaches ,sore feet,sweating ...I understand where you are coming from I fall asleep in my truck,in my summit treestand,on couch at camp ....But like you not giving up..

here is good one I am buying my pills from Canada do to awful drug prices here in usa....
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I had lyme before the ms showed up I know what you mean . I was one of the first to get lyme around here had it for 4 years before I found a doctor who knew what it was and how to treat it . My Question to the doctors did having lyme for as long as I did lead to the MS ? I get Yes and no for answers it could have triggered my auto immune response and that is how MS showed up . All I know is anyone who loves to hunt or fish or anything and you have a disease like MS or lyme or any other of more then a Million other problems one needs to adjust or adapt to stay active .
Boo

Post by Boo »

Lubing your serving will help in keeping the string centered. Also, tie some dental floss around the serving on each side of the mainframe to tell you if you're centered or not.
Hunters with disabilities amaze me. I don't think I have the guts to surpass the obstacles that some diseases create.
You have true grit!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Boo thanks for the kind word. You will never know what you can or can not do until you are faced with that situation you may surprise yourself . Giving up is not in my nature adjusting is .
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:Lubing your serving will help in keeping the string centered. Also, tie some dental floss around the serving on each side of the mainframe to tell you if you're centered or not.
Hunters with disabilities amaze me. I don't think I have the guts to surpass the obstacles that some diseases create.
You have true grit!
LYMES caused my left side of my face to lock at jaw while I was sitting 18 ft up in my climber ..I was yawning and my face locked open..I thought calmly now sproulie what do you do...

I got dizzy this morning from LYMES and they doxicycline and sideswipped my truck in garage ...What next with $1,000.00 dollar deductable.. :roll: