say bye to deer and moose up north

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Savage

say bye to deer and moose up north

Post by Ontario Savage »

Doesn't it make you feel good that our resources are being managed so well here in ontario
What an absolute disgrace....

Province places immediate ban on wolf/coyote hunting and trapping in 40 townships across Ontario as season was set to open

https://www.ofah.org/2016/09/emotion-wi ... oyote-ban/
sproulman

Re: say bye to deer and moose up north

Post by sproulman »

Coyotes are killing are fawns bigtime here in pa..also bears are killing fawns
mmc

Post by mmc »

Wolves are the cornerstone of their re-wilding agenda. In a decade or two they plan on humans not living there, and with highly restricted recreational access.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
buffalo

Post by buffalo »

Down here in south carolina, the study has been posted that coyote alone are killing 60% of all fawns within 6 months of age.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

What perturbs me is the city-its want to protect the bears ,coyotes and wolves up north . But if one happens to come too close to town . The cry is kill it !!!
I think all the critters that they want protected should be live trapped and put down in the humber valley and such . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I know here in SW Va. Where I live the coyotes have reduced our deer herds significantly! I can't imagine have wolves added on to the problem. Hate it for you guys !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Bones

Post by Bones »

Wmu's effected 42 , 53a , 56 ,57 ,60 and 75 Seem's like Wmu's around algonquin park , Think they want to have them thrive in the park ?? These Wmu numbers just came from a chat i had with ofah. Wolves are dropping where I'm going moose hunting next week if seen.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Piss Poor planning and "management".
This WILL come home to bite them in the butt eventually.

Here in BC (and to some extent Alberta) we have real problems with exploding wolf populations. Hunting, nor even trapping makes much of a dent. The issue for our ungulates (moose, elk, deer, caribou) is they are under increasing and constant pressure. Not tough to imagine what that means for their populations of late.

Sad OnTerrible can't recognize what is happening in other jurisdictions in this regard. Perhaps they will when it is their dogs / cats / wives / children under the gun by increasing predator populations that decide to move in to town... :evil:

Sadly,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Doe Master wrote:What perturbs me is the city-its want to protect the bears ,coyotes and wolves up north . But if one happens to come too close to town . The cry is kill it !!!
I think all the critters that they want protected should be live trapped and put down in the humber valley and such . :lol:
I happen to live in Humber Valley Village, but totally agree with you.
Furthermore I would populate Toronto parks with Massassauga ratle snakes so city folks here can enjoy their beauty, privilege farmers and cottagers in Parry Sound area enjoy for a while now. $2000 fine if you kill one on your grass up there and get caught.
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Like usual, sad when people that have no idea about something are in charge. As stated, should drop off some yotes and rattlers in their neighborhoods and let them deal with the consequences. Their minds might change.
galamb

Post by galamb »

Half of those WMU's have already long had the moose population decimated.

Back maybe a dozen or so years ago all the WMU's on the east side of Algonquin Park had calf hunting restricted due to low moose numbers. For those not familiar with Ontario Moose hunting, you buy your licence which is a calf tag (valid in any area) then you apply to a lottery for an adult tag. Anyhow, due to low numbers around Algonquin Park they added calves to the lottery. After more than a dozen years the numbers continued to drop for various reasons including predators (bears/wolves).

Now since the Moose are pretty well gone (and the deer range is a little further south, at least on the east side of the park) they may as well protect the Algonquin Wolves (which is the thrust of this change).

While I agree that most hunters can't tell the difference between a Coyote and a Wolf at distance, 100 years ago we didn't have Coyote's here. Now they are everywhere and protecting the wolves will allow the Yote population to explode in the restricted areas, possibly to the detriment of the Wolves they are trying to protect.

But what the heck - there are little to no moose in half those WMU's, may as well have "some wild animals left" so the MNRF and their puppet masters in the government can show what "great managers" they are for Ontario wildlife :lol: :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

We should pay the mnr based on increase or decrease in fish and game populations, but then there would be 10000000000 starving mnr office pogues and 5 unemployed conservation officers.

IMHO the MNR has screwed up the fish and game management so bad that there is not much chance of it recovering in the next 50 years if anything it will get worse and we hill have to hunt and fish in other provinces. I wonder why we cannot get it together and effectively manage the resources we have, other provinces seem to be doing it well why not us?
janesy

Post by janesy »

Liberal government.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
galamb

Post by galamb »

Anytime the "science" takes second place to "political will" it is never going to turn out well.

And as long as the MNRF has to answer to, and ultimately their jobs depend on the "cabinet minister", you know "whose" opinion is going to win...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS