Thoughts on wrapping the stirrup in paracord?+checkingScrews

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Thoughts on wrapping the stirrup in paracord?+checkingSc

Post by Bullzeye »

I did a Paracord wrap on my Exocet, and it did help, but my vanes were just barely rubbing on the Paracord , so I re-wrapped it but this time I wrapped it in two parts, leaving a space in the middle for the vane to pass through.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Plasti dip. Google it.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

You know I like the idea of a quiet(er) bow. But not at the risk of safety and function.

When I haul back on my rope cocker, I do it with quite a bit of authority!! So I want the stirrup to really "dig-in" to my boot, the ground and rocks etc. Sharp metal edges accomplish this nicely.

Seems to me that a wet or snowy paracord wrap could be a serious compromise to my good looks :P ........ Especially if/when the bow slips from my cold toe, and rockets into my face at 300+fps first thing in the morning.. and the only thing i have control of is the rope cocker handle. No thanks!! :lol:
Last edited by MTBighorn on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
janesy

Post by janesy »

EQUINOXHNTERVA wrote:Plasti dip. Google it.
Doesn't work. It's on my matrix right now. Zero difference. I had hockey tape on there before and it worked well but it was inherently stick and picket up everything off the ground
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I actually get a better grip on it with the paracord but I can see your concerns. I make sure my big ol clodhopper is well into the stirrup and make a note to pull straight up and have had absolutely no problems. The only concern that I have had with it, and I feel that it is real, is scent so I try to be careful where I set it.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Pickwick wrote:I actually get a better grip on it with the paracord but I can see your concerns. I make sure my big ol clodhopper is well into the stirrup and make a note to pull straight up and have had absolutely no problems. The only concern that I have had with it, and I feel that it is real, is scent so I try to be careful where I set it.
.Those are good points...and it sure looks great with the half-hitched para wrap!...plus you also have several feet of cord with you in a pinch..

But is still makes me think I will pack it with snow/ice slush , and dirt and cause my self trouble...

Last winter I took this picture of myself and I see that there is a good scoop of snow hanging from my stirrup..
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I think the wrap in the picture that Scarecrow posted is a form of a Cobra stitch, which looks great, and I'd bet not slippery, but if your worried about it filling up with mud and snow, you could just do a simple non knot wrap like I did, mine has been in mud and snow and probably cow dung lol and it's not slippery at all, and since its Paracord, it will not rot.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone