Micro 355 broadhead suggestions?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mellonbelly

Micro 355 broadhead suggestions?????

Post by mellonbelly »

I recently purchased a Micro 355 and I was trying to see what everyone's using for broadheads and how they like them or don't like them. Any info would be much appreciated!
sproulman

Re: Micro 355 broadhead suggestions?????

Post by sproulman »

I use Spitfire 100 gr mech heads but have for longtime for deer ...
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

My #1 recommendation is the 100gr Toxic Broadhead. However, keep in mind you should have an arrow with a 92gr or 110gr brass insert if you're shooting a 100gr broadhead. I'm suggesting the 100gr Toxic because I find it to out penetrate and offer better accuracy than the larger 125gr head. The wound channel and blood loss caused is nothing short of amazing. Out of at least a dozen animals most died inside of 40yards, a few made it 50yards and one deer ran 60yards. The 60yards recovery was a high lung hit.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Normous

Post by Normous »

My Micro 355 hunts with 2 favorite broadheads on deck.
The 170 grain NAP FOC mechanical gets the nod for whitetail deer and the 100 grain Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade got a workout recently on Russian boar. Both broadheads performed very well.

The arrows I used were built with detail to match each broadhead perfectly.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ralph 72

Post by ralph 72 »

I used a 125 grain Grimm Reaper X-Bow broad head with a 1 1/2" cut out of my Micro 355, and it did a very good job on a 125 lb doe , I blew through both shoulders at 30 yards and still stuck in the ground 3 inches.
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

I'm going to be using nap 100 grain sling blade with a dental band. zombies weighting 360 grain total weight in my new micro 355 they did a great job out of the grizzly this year :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
RITerry

Post by RITerry »

100gr Slick Trick 110gr brass insert hits the same hole as my field point. And puts a nasty hole thru a deer.
Micro 355
Bowtech Carbon Knight
Carbon Express Covert3.4
WVCBH

Post by WVCBH »

mellonbelly wrote:I recently purchased a Micro 355 and I was trying to see what everyone's using for broadheads and how they like them or don't like them. Any info would be much appreciated!
And here we go again! Expect several different answers! Here's mine. LOL
I shoot Swhacker Crossbow 125 grain broadheads from my Micro 355
Swhacker.jpg
Still lovin' my EXCALIBUR MICRO 355! :-)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I no longer have a micro 355 have the 335 n couple of Matrix 350 n 360. Fixed many of us have our own picks fer our reasons n i stay away from those that a a balance washer. I use Magnus Snuffer SS, Stingers, NAP Hellrazors, Strikers.
Mech. i like n use NAP Spitfires XXX or the 1 1/2" model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Exodus
(a mass departure of air and blood from big game). :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I shoot an Exomax advertised at 350FPS depending on arrow weight, etc. My broadhead experience may be helpful to you as our crossbows are about the same speed.

After seeing a review on the Carbon Express Torrid SS broadheads I decided to try some. My intended use is for deer. Seeing how inexpensive they were I was skeptical but gave them a try anyway ($12.86 for 3 in my WalMart). They do shoot right along with the Field Points and are tough broadheads. I shot a few several times into my Broadhead target before they were damaged. They opened every time in the target and I had no problems with them opening in flight. It is recommended to use two rubber bands on them with crossbows. I do and it works well.
Review:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... tion=click

I have only killed one deer with them and was impressed. 30 yard shot with a complete pass through. The broadhead broke a rib going in and coming out then plowed into the ground with no damage noted. The buck ran about 50 yards and collapsed. My shot was a little high behind the shoulder so I didn't have much of a blood trail. All the blood was in the body cavity.
Hunt thread:
http://excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/vie ... 13#p631913

They are cheap enough that I use them to sight in my Exomax. I'm sold on them and stock up after deer season when WalMart puts them on clearance.

Bill
Last edited by ko4nrbs on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

I am a fan of slick trick 1" 100 grain or the carbon express 1" 100 grain quad pro.
The slick tricks can be used over again by replacing the blades. Each will fly true and go through any deer if you hit them right.
You cannot beat the price on Carbon Express broad heads as stated earlier, however, if spending more $$ makes you feel more confident and happier; spend away.
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

sproulman wrote:I use Spitfire 100 gr mech heads but have for longtime for deer ...
^^^ This. I just purchased the Crossbow version to be safe but never had issues with the regular 100 gn Spitfires. In addition to the Micro 355 I've shot them from a Micro 335, Matrix 330, Exomax and a friends Horton compound crossbows. Worked perfectly each and every time!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

All these broadhead are excellent. 125 Ramcats fly like feild points

Post by newbie »

2" Swhackers are my go to head now after taking 3 deer in the last two years with them. 1 DRT 1 went less then 20 and 3rd went about 60.... bad shot on my part was back too far as i was lowering my bow when he popped back out and rushed the shot.
Entrance. quartering away
exit