Dr Stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Dr Stirrup

Post by SEW »

The Dr Stirrup stirrup and rope cocker reduce the strain and felt pull significantly. The physics of the pull is improved: just a different vector used as well as both feet (actually you can use your legs to cock and just hold the handles) and the full hand grips of the cocking rope.
The Micro series, as nice as they are, especially Gen 1 of the 335/355, are stiff cocking. My M380 and BD 405 seem easier.
Continued cocking of a strong crossbow at or near your limit will stress your back much like shooting a high poundage vbow does the shoulders. You will damage yourself. I can hand cock my 3 Xbows (M380 & 405 and BD400). But I use my C-2 except for 2nd shots in the woods. Note: with the Dr Stirrup kit, I can cock any of these xbows while sitting in a treestand by just extending my legs while holding the handles stationary.
So, for any of you who are even slightly nearing your limit, first get a Dr Stirrup kit, and then use a C-2 cocker.
HOPEFULLY, AN IMPROVED COCKER WILL COME OUT SOON; But, THE C-2 IS QUITE GOOD ITSELF!!!
Hope this helps someone.
nyexhunter

Re: Dr Stirrup

Post by nyexhunter »

Sage advice. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Your health is worth a lot more than the cost of the C2.

Once your back or shoulders are messed up it will linger with you the rest of your life. If you are straining just the slightest bit to pull your string up, it is only a matter of time before some part of you will eventually go bad. It will happen suddenly and without warning when your back or shoulders do go bad; the warning that this can happen is if you cannot smoothly cock your bow right now.

Best of luck for continued good health to everyone.