excalibur scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Re: excalibur scopes

Post by Arrowflinger »

The scope that comes on your bow will be quite sufficient in normal hunting and target shooting . Dead Zone came with my M350 helped me kill my first deer . Also shot a jack rabbit and target shoot nearly everyday with it ............but , boys will be boys and boys love their toys and I'm considering trying another one , but that's another thread. Good luck
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I will bite,...
Although not as horrible as some make them out to be, Excalibur should be able to team up with a different source much more capable of higher quality at minimal cost increase to the customer. That's what I would like to see.

The aftermarket scopes available on the market don't meet my needs that the taczone does. None that im aware of anyways: Illumunated, A dial for fps adjustabilty and reasonable cost. AND AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!! The ones that do have such a busy field of view I imagine it would be difficult to see a deer thru the crosshairs, or they are almost as long as the bow. lol

some negatives of the current excel scopes: fish eye on some models. Illumination washing out the view on certain colors, settings etc. This I can work around but it peeves some folks off to no end, and its understandable! but they are good enough to hunt with and are fairly trustworthy with a decent warranty.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well, I'll be as polite as I can be and still make my point. I wouldn't buy a thousand dollar rifle and put a fifty dollar scope on it either. These bows are good enough that they deserve better optics. With that said , the Varizone has proven to be a pretty decent scope for the money.Watch eBay, buy a used Leupold for less than 2 bills, and quit worrying about scope problems.... Ever. Just my dos centavos
wabi

Post by wabi »

I won't be tactful. :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:
After losing a couple deer because of scope failure (one wounded - one missed) I exchanged my fully warranted Vari-Zone for a Leupold (from Danny Miller) and haven't had a scope problem since (several years)!
A free exchange for another piece of junk doesn't do a thing to compensate for missing a deer or even worse wounding a deer!

BTW - On the wounded deer I had shot one arrow before I climbed into my stand to confirm I was still sighted in. Perfect hit on the target, then when I shot at the deer's heart/lung area the arrow hit the shoulder blade (high/right from the aiming point). I watched the shot through the scope and the deer did not move before the arrow hit. A stop at the shooting bench (we have one set up not far from my stand) quickly confirmed the arrow was hitting several inches high/right.
As Danny Miller said to me:
"I don't know why they put a piece of Chinese junk on the world's best crossbow!"
wabi
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

A couple of things......

First I see this is your first post...why not fill in your location so we know where you hail from. Chances are good someone lives close by and may be able to let you see their stuff first hand before you buy.

My opinion on the optics is this..... I have only owned the Varizone model from Excalibur. Never had any issues through 2-3 years of hunting but never did like the reticle. I like crosshairs and not the chevron it has. Then I wanted a lighted reticle and found Hawke optics and like them much more. My XB-30 SR-IR meets all my needs and the infinitely adjustable brightness is a big plus.

As was stated, these bows are capable of sub-MOA groups at "much longer than hunting" distances. If you want to achieve that you will most likely need to upgrade optics. But if you only want to hunt deer and will limit shots to 30-35 yds or less your Excal optics will be fine, but you may sacrifice a minutes of hunting in low light depending on the model you get. (50 to 60 yds on deer is a whole 'nother debate)
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I have owned two excals and both have the factory scopes. I have shot a lot of Deer and a Bear with them. 95% of my shots have been below 40 yards. I have had no problems with them. But I did pick up a Excal with a leupold and you definitely can see the difference. I now shoot a Micro 335 and I would like to put a better scope on it. On the forum here there is a lot of good opinions. These guys tell the truth and are willing to point you in the right direction. If you live in the states get your stuff from Danny Miller and upgrade your scope. Danny is a great guy and his experience is second to none. Good luck with your decision.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

In my opinion you can't go wrong with the M350. I have one and I absolutely love it. I did just upgrade the scope to a Hawke XB1. That was mostly because I have another bow without a scope. I plan on putting the deadzone on that other bow so I got the hawke for Xmas!! The 350 is crazy accurate with the deadzone and I have no complaints about that scope. I am however excited to get out and sight in the hawke! You should definately pick up that bow especially for the price you guys south of the border are getting it for!
Good luck however you choose!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

X2 on the M350 . Great bow at an even better price!
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

Schott wrote:
wabi wrote:I won't be tactful. :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:
After losing a couple deer because of scope failure (one wounded - one missed) I exchanged my fully warranted Vari-Zone for a Leupold (from Danny Miller) and haven't had a scope problem since (several years)!
A free exchange for another piece of junk doesn't do a thing to compensate for missing a deer or even worse wounding a deer!

BTW - On the wounded deer I had shot one arrow before I climbed into my stand to confirm I was still sighted in. Perfect hit on the target, then when I shot at the deer's heart/lung area the arrow hit the shoulder blade (high/right from the aiming point). I watched the shot through the scope and the deer did not move before the arrow hit. A stop at the shooting bench (we have one set up not far from my stand) quickly confirmed the arrow was hitting several inches high/right.
"I don't know why they put a piece of Chinese junk on the world's best crossbow!"
your answer is fine that's what I want honest opinions don't sugar coat it the only thing I know about crossbows is that I want a excalibur I'm looking at a matrix 350 SE $550 with free shipping from what I have been reading on different forums its a good price for that bow have any opinion on it, thank you
Just ordered a 350SE on Tuesday from alflahterys.com it's going to be here this Monday. Now on the price they are $799.99 on sale for $699 Canadian when you convert $699 Canadian to US it comes to $521.75 and that's the total. Free shipping and no hidden fee's. It looks like the value of a Canadian dollar really jumps around but you could save at least $25. Also called Danny Miller Wednesday night and got 2 Flemish strings and string stops for $72 they came today. Buying this way the $25 string stops are free. By the way DANNY MILLER is AWESOME.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

flightattendant100 wrote:... I wouldn't buy a thousand dollar rifle and put a fifty dollar scope on it either...
True. And some of us are used to shooting rifles worth multiple thousands, and most certainly used to higher end optics as a result...
wabi wrote:...
BINGO. It seems little to no expense is wasted developing and producing the Finest bows out there.
But when it comes to those scopes... Well... I certainly do wish Excalibur would find another supplier or at least offer a higher end choice or two...

Perfectly happy with my Matrix 380 and the Hawke XB 30 that it wears.
Not so much with the stock scope that came it it (or my Exomax... or the branded one I picked up for my Ibex...).

Not knocking a Fantastic Product, for I do dearly love my bow.
But I too believe they'd be "Hitting it out of the park" were they to offer a choice or two of higher end optics in the dressed packages...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

TACT -ZONE scope does not have paralax and if you get excited on Buck and not place your eye dead center your shot is going to be off ...I know enough to put my cheek on rest but many others do not and you could shoot off..

but I practice more than most in yard sitting in my treestand at all angles..
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

My son and daughter have both shot there 1st deer with excaliburs and factory scopes. So that makes a total of 17 deer that went in our freezer with excaliburs and factory scopes since 09. The scopes aren't the best but they do work fine.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

onequillkid wrote:My son and daughter have both shot there 1st deer with excaliburs and factory scopes. So that makes a total of 17 deer that went in our freezer with excaliburs and factory scopes since 09. The scopes aren't the best but they do work fine.
Until they don't...... :(
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

flightattendant100 wrote:
onequillkid wrote:My son and daughter have both shot there 1st deer with excaliburs and factory scopes. So that makes a total of 17 deer that went in our freezer with excaliburs and factory scopes since 09. The scopes aren't the best but they do work fine.
I killed my first crossbow deer in 1996 with a pin and peep sight.......did it work, yes. Do I want it now....nope.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
so if ur scope has worked well since 09 why would it suddenly stop working as long as you don't drop it from ur tree stand, bang it on a tree truck, or bathe it in a river? i expect my truck to run great until it doesn't but with the wear & tear, moving parts etc that's understandable. i had the reticle on a cheap tasco rifle scope fall apart but i had it a few years and besides bumping it a coupla times there's a lot of recoil involved. does the firing of an xbow impact the scope?

not trying to be a smart a$$ here, just asking. what could go wrong? seal leak? dial use wears something out? only had my excal for a year but i'm satisfied with the twilight scope that came with it. until i'm not, i guess.

mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE