The Honda Accord Xbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

The Honda Accord Xbow

Post by SEW »

For a record 31 years, the Honda Accord has made the Car & Driver's 10 best cars list. This is an unequalled feat; yet, the Accord has rarely excelled in any one performance area. It's rarely been in the fastest, best cornering, best ride, best gas mileage , etc catagory of its competitors. But it consistently is near the top in each category, has traditionally been very trouble free, etc. So, why does it win its catagory most years, even at the end of each series 5 year stint?
BALANCE, that's why. It best balances all the various categories so well. The 2013-2017 Gen 9(?) series is the pinicle of this.
What's this have to do with Excalibur xbows???
Actually, quite a bit. The M405 showed us that recurves have their speed limits. With current limb technologies, that's about the limit. So, where to go? Smaller was the first answer. Next came smaller, quieter, smoother. IOWs , more user friendly. The BD 400 is significantly gentler and a little smaller than the M405. The BD380 even more so. Now, the new series of quieter, smoother, gentler, smaller, Excals are hitting the market. AND, they're finding acceptance. They are quiet, smooth, very reliable, reasonable sized, very pleasant in every way. Actually, they're very Accord like.
I predict that the powers that be at Excalibur are forging the right path for long term survival in this very competitive, fickle, Xbow market. In the meantime I'll just shoot my S2000(M405) and dream about a M135i (Ravin 15), but when time for eventual replacement comes, it'll be a suppressed Excal.
ohioexocetfan

Re: The Honda Accord Xbow

Post by ohioexocetfan »

As a huge Honda fan (Odyssey, Accord, CRV and soon a Civic for kids) and a bigger Excalibur fan, I guess I like that about both. Simple design, easy to work on, reliable and they work. Great analogy!
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
Big John

Post by Big John »

Very good.
I am very pleased with the direction they (Excalibur) are going in. They are really focusing on comfort, size, noise, and shootability. Having the absolute fastest bow is not a priority. Very happy with the new bows.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
SEW

Post by SEW »

Note: even Honda got off track with the disastrous 2008-2012 Accord and even worse so with Gen 9 Civic which only lasted 18 months before the very well received Gen 10 replaced it. The Gen 8 Accord(2006-2012) and the Gen 9 Civic (2012-2013) were each considered disasters. Yet, each was followed by what many consider Honda's best efforts yet.
Is there a pattern here with Excalibur? Though the only "new" Excalibur I have is the BD400, I can tell it is much more docile, user friendly, less stressed Xbow than my M405. The 405 is not for the masses;rather, a niche group. The BD400 is a lot like the EXL - V6, the BD380 like the EXL 4 and all those little ones like the various Civics.
Don might like to make the analogies with the digit #s that go from 1xx-8xx, but then compare the replacement part prices of 10 year old BMWs vs Hondas. Oh, I forgot, 10 year old Hondas don't need replacement parts, yet.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like your comparison . I continually buy toyota trucks for my buisness and never fail to get 300.000 miles from all 10 of them we had.yes sooner or later quality will be recognized and every product has its faults but excalibur is indeed the toyota /honda kind of quality product! AND THATS A FACT
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Oh dear :roll:
i'm a chevy guy :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave :shock:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

I'm a Dodge Man Myself 5.9 Diesel For Me :lol: :lol: :lol:
I always Thought of My 405 as a HO [high output] Diesel :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That must be why when you stick mufflers on either one, they just sound like farts.

Actually, I like the comparison to Honda. One of the few newer vehicles I like. Other than classic Detroit iron.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:I like your comparison . I continually buy toyota trucks for my buisness and never fail to get 300.000 miles from all 10 of them we had.yes sooner or later quality will be recognized and every product has its faults but excalibur is indeed the toyota /honda kind of quality product! AND THATS A FACT
I'm with LBJ on the TOY'S. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

A friend of mine told me years ago that Hondas were "Refrigerator Cars". You will get tired of it and want a new one before it wears out! :lol: :lol: :lol: He was pretty much right. So I guess Excalibur crossbows are "Refrigerator Crossbows" ! :D
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I guess my wifes a honda Then .....puttin it that way lol or a refrigerator.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:I guess my wifes a honda Then .....puttin it that way lol or a refrigerator.

:shock: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<