Rubber boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihavethetools

Rubber boots

Post by ihavethetools »

I'm looking for some input into your favorite rubber/neoprene boots. What's your favorite, most comfortable and warmest boot you wear if you do wear this type boot ? So many out there, as with other gear, it's hard to decide. I'd be wearing them in Pa's archery season. Thanks for some insight.
350 SE, Boo Custom String, Munch Alum Rope Cocker Hooks
Quake Sling, Hawke SB1 SR
Vixenmaster String,18" Zombie Slayers, Firenocks
DrStirrup dBKiller Limb Silencers & string bumpers.
Boo

Re: Rubber boots

Post by Boo »

Muck Boots. The original until it gets a bit below freezing and the Arctics when it gets colder. I also use those insulated booties when it gets real cold. Whatever you get, use a boot drier and some thick felt insoles.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

My fav thus far is Baffin -100deg. Its kinda like walking in warm pillows while the rest of ya is freezing. Its a rubber boot so obviously waterproof. I found mine for $100 which I find very reasonable for a extra warm boot.

http://www.baffin.com/product-p/23550000.htm
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:Muck Boots. The original until it gets a bit below freezing and the Arctics when it gets colder. I also use those insulated booties when it gets real cold. Whatever you get, use a boot drier and some thick felt insoles.

x2 on muck boots. been using them for years.
as don stated, non-insulated for early season and the arctics for colder hunts. i have not needed the booties or felt pads here in northern lower michigan
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
catclr

Post by catclr »

I also have been using the Muck Wetland boots. Use for Spring Gobbler, Archery, Gun Season, Trapping, Late Archery.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Muck boots have many choices and has a great website.you can go through the choice menus and figure out what you need based on conditions. archery season probably not so cold but if you hunt rocky terrainer you may wanna look at the few models that have stiffer ankle support. if you call Muck direct they will also give you recommendations.
roly

Post by roly »

I have so much money tied up in boots. I have so many boots my wife says it looks like a boot store in my hunt room.

I received my newest pair a few weeks ago, the muck arctic pros.
So far I'm very impressed with them. Bought them a size bigger than I wear so they are a bit loose, but with my merino wool socks their just right.

I envy ppl who don't get cold feet.
chilly_willy

Post by chilly_willy »

Muck Boots for me.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

ihavethetools wrote:I'm looking for some input into your favorite rubber/neoprene boots. What's your favorite, most comfortable and warmest boot you wear if you do wear this type boot ? So many out there, as with other gear, it's hard to decide. I'd be wearing them in Pa's archery season. Thanks for some insight.

I n archery in pa its warm as you know...We use the cheap basic green LACROOSE boots like 60 to 70 dollars ..be careful a stick can go thru them but they are LIGHT and fit nice ..You can go up in style called BURLY better boot and camo etc..

but for archery I use basic green ones ...

In gun season we wear ASOLO HIKING SHOES..We buy them on sale about this time of year on e bay ..great boot .I hate rubber boot for walking unless snow is deep but in pa now no snow ...If not for the ASOLO boot I would not walk as far as I do they are GREAT ........

My suggestion is this..2 boots I see used are LACROOSE/MUCK...If you get boot LOOK at weight nothing worst than heavy rubber boot ........Go to local store that has them and try them on I found that LACROOSE cheap boot non insulated was better on WEIGHT than muck boot ....
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I use Honeywell Safety Northerner Series Max. They are the most comfortable rubber boots I have ever owned, the only improvement I made was a orthopedic insole. 8) Also I've had the same pair since the 1999. :mrgreen:

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Safety ... 2BMax&th=1
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I hunt the tidal lowlands on the WA coast for elk where I encounter plenty of mud and water :roll: For that purpose I have found the LaCross " Burley " boots have worked very well for me. ( They are not heavy and walking with them is not awkward like your in a farmyard. ) :lol:

I bought that pair in 2010, after a lot of research for, an Alaskan Bear hunt in the spring. We were hunting the grass tidal flats on the beach above sea level. We were transported in a zodiak to get us close to the beach, then plenty of "Yuk" to navigate to get up to dry ground for a spot and stalk type hunt They worked well and stayed on when trying to be sucked off in the deep mud. Yet were comfortable for regular wear during a stalk.

After 7 seasons they are still pliable and soft with no cracks, and never a leak.
I would buy another pair again when the time comes to replace them.

Gene

A side line note:
For me, that AK hunt, was a hunt I had dreamed of for years and I took a large Boar with my Jack Kempf "Quick Styk" {a custom 3 pc R/C also made in Canada, by a master bowyer} which turned out to be the only archery killed bear among the 6 of us hunting with Trad Gear.
Being as I would probably never get to do it again, I found and purchased the best gear I could afford at that time :D .... The LaCross boots definately met that defination. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

As Gene said I have pair of Lacroose alpha burleys over 7 years old and still in great shape...They fit nice ....But if you want to walk and over 63 ME no boot gets on my feet but a HIKING BOOT.....i LIKE asolo BUT SOLES START FALLING OFF AFTER 4 YEARS..
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

Early season I use unlined cheapo green rubber boots from Walmart. In the cold I use mickey mouse boots. Inexpensive and effective. Been good for hours in a stand in single digit temps with no trouble.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
ihavethetools

Post by ihavethetools »

After reading all the reviews from the great guys here and reading reviews online till my eyes hurt, I think I've settled on a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead Sport. I think they were new last year. The uppers are neoprene Realtree Extra 3,5 mil. Weight is 4.8 lbs per pair. They also make the same boot in 7 mil. For archery hunting here in Pa the 3.5 mil won't be as warm a boot as the 7 mil. I have a very warm pair of Irish Setter VaprTrek 1200 gram insulation to wear in colder weather. Read many great reviews of the Lacrosse boot. Best part and what probably made my mind up was the price. Every site I went to wanted $170.00 for the pair and after hours of searching I found the site Shoebuy .com. Their price was 169.95. they had a promo code I applied and the final price, with free shipping and no sales tax was $127.46 ! That code saved me $42.49. Thanks for all your great insight. I'll hopefully post a report after receiving them and wearing them for awhile as the temps here in western Pa lately have been close to the temps we see in October !
350 SE, Boo Custom String, Munch Alum Rope Cocker Hooks
Quake Sling, Hawke SB1 SR
Vixenmaster String,18" Zombie Slayers, Firenocks
DrStirrup dBKiller Limb Silencers & string bumpers.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Le Chameau make the finest walking and staking rubber boots on earth. You'll pay for them ($250.00 - $600.00) but keep in mind one pair can last a lifetime. My leather lined ones are 23 years old, little faded but the natural rubber is in fantastic shape. No wear on sole at all and they are like going barefoot when stalking.
For cooler climates we use Nokia rubber boots with removable felt liners. Keep two sets of liners and switch out each day while other set dries out from sweat.
As for muck boots I've tried two pairs, the first pair ripped first outing, they replaced them and second pair ripped in first three months - gardening boots in my book.