O/T - Look Mom - No Hands!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

O/T - Look Mom - No Hands!!

Post by Species8472 »

With the recent warm weather my youngest son (a few of you met him a few years ago at Flightattendant's place in Texas) put up the slack line (1.25 inch wide ratchet strap fifty feet long slung between 2 trees) and proceeded to freak his mother out:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
hankenhunter

Re: O/T - Look Mom - No Hands!!

Post by hankenhunter »

Cool. Years ago, my wife came screaming in the house and said "Brian is trying to kill him self in the back yard". I wandered into the back yard and shouted his name. I hear " I'm up here Dad." I looked up and there he was 80 feet up a big old cedar tree. I asked him " Whatcha doin son? " He said" Looking for deer for you to hunt." I said well... be careful climbing down, suppers in an hour. I went back in the house and the wife was waiting for me tapping her toe on the floor. (Not a good sign.) She asked me what I said to him and I replied" I raised hell with that boy! I don't think he'll ever do that again!" Mean while I'm thinkin, thats my boy. Dont have to worry about bears with those climbing skills. :lol: Your son is learning skills that will hold him in good stead later in life. Bumps and bruises are optional. :wink: Congrats on being a great Dad.

Hank
P.S Brian was seven at the time. :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

So the artist is going to work for the circus? Y'all related the Walendas? :mrgreen: take care Joe and Thomas
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Awesome skills there.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Dang it Joe, with your history and that title I thought that there would have been a LOT more blood to be seen. :wink: :lol: :lol: I see your son is a chip off the old block. :D
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Outstanding, reminds me of riding are bikes down steep hills, about 40mph without hands, four lanes of traffic, gravel shoulders, and a hard right turn at bottom! :shock: WHAT FUN!!
Bowmack72

Post by Bowmack72 »

Only better line is "wait....hold my beer!" :lol:
Matrix 350se - BEEs - Rage Hypos
Barnett Wildcat - BEEs - Rage Hypos
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Isn't that another version of the "Triangle of pain"? Two steep banks and a line across the top. Hope he doesn't get some things from his dad... :wink:
Good for you for letting him take some risk! He will be better prepared for life because of it
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Patcon wrote:Isn't that another version of the "Triangle of pain"? Two steep banks and a line across the top. Hope he doesn't get some things from his dad... :wink:
Good for you for letting him take some risk! He will be better prepared for life because of it
Yep , and I think I may see a 3 strand Barb-wire fence in that line of brush below him :shock: .... Oh what fun. :lol: :lol: At least at his age, hopefully he'll still "Bounce" rather than "Break" Like us old guys would. :oops:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier