O/T Lightning Struck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

O/T Lightning Struck

Post by vixenmaster »

I reckon one of the bad things of livin off grid is the learnin! Over the past 9 yrs now i have lost some electronics n have had to learn as i go. So after several Inverters gettin fried i knew not to put them outside even weather proofed. So this last go around i have learned that its still not good enuff. I have good ground rod n equipment is grounded. What i learned on Tues. mornin bad lightning storm was it can run up my ph.n internet line goin backwards into my power strip n inverter. Fried my Modem n power adapter, tripped breaker on power strip fried my inverter n zapped my phones enuff they played hide n seek fer 3 days. I jus got a new power adapter n modem. I had only one 1500 watt inverter left workin of the 2. It couldn't hold both my small fridge n freezer. So i am on the cell ph. to a big Solar outfit out on the West Coast n $2100 charged to CC i gotstid a new 2000 watt pure sine wave 12v inverter. Got it all hooked up n it can run both fridge n freezer n all my other small stuff. As long as i don't go over 30 amps fer 2 hrs straight it wil hold. :D Its is so much better than those other inverters that mainly hook up to cars/trucks fer $15-$200. Yup i have internet back now. So next will be goin to a Sat. dish n cell ph. so no more lightning runnin up ph/internet lines. Will have a Lightning stopper between dish n power strip
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mreyner

Re: O/T Lightning Struck

Post by mreyner »

Your a stronger man then me. :lol: To old to change now :roll:
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

they say experience is the best teacher & that you learn from your mistakes... which only means that i should be a helluva lot smarter than i am! anyway i had a company put a ames pure sine inverter/charger in my camp last year & had them take it out 6 mos later... got my $$ back but i need to hang a low picture to cover the remote panel hole in my wall! can you recommend a good brand when i try again? i heard xantrex was good until they too went to china.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I also looked at an Aims n did jus abit of research n found the samlex owned them. I made a mistake of buyin a samlex, they are junk. So they make Aims n its junk. I bought a Magnum Dimensions, www.Magnum-Dimensions.com. Mine is the Magnum2012 =2000 watt n 12v. They are an American Company out of Everett Washington. They have alot of great models in diff volt n wattage, they are not cheap! They are solid n top quality but yer mileage may differ. I have had mine hooked up fer 4 days but lots of reviews n Happy campers every where on them. I knowed this one may not last forever n my next will be their 4000 watt 24v model
Half Bubble Off BD360

papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

You must be getting all the bad stuff down your way, were not getting much over here in our part of the Ozarks, but we did get some well needed rain last night. :D

Dave :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
SEW

Post by SEW »

papabear1 wrote:You must be getting all the bad stuff down your way, were not getting much over here in our part of the Ozarks, but we did get some well needed rain last night. :D

He does. I live <75 miles away, in NE AR. West Plains weather in shown on the JBR(Ch8) WX. Something causes the worst wx to funnel thru that area. It normally misses us but hits West Plains.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

thanks for the info mike... i will check them out
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

SEW wrote:
papabear1 wrote:You must be getting all the bad stuff down your way, were not getting much over here in our part of the Ozarks, but we did get some well needed rain last night. :D

He does. I live <75 miles away, in NE AR. West Plains weather in shown on the JBR(Ch8) WX. Something causes the worst wx to funnel thru that area. It normally misses us but hits West Plains.
You'd think he would send us some of that rain, I hear he's a pretty generous guy. :roll:

Dave :mrgreen:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

papabear1 wrote:
SEW wrote:

You'd think he would send us some of that rain, I hear he's a pretty generous guy. :roll:

Dave :mrgreen:
You knowed i would if'en i could. The Gov. has me at a set limit of givin my water n storms away. Never heard of such, tellin a person if'en they be allowed to give rainwater n lightnin away :)
Half Bubble Off BD360