Just Curious

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vertacre

Just Curious

Post by vertacre »

I got off work early today, and when I got home saw a post about a cheap C2 crank on ebay. I checked and bought, then I posted thanking member mreyner.

After that I went to a neighbor down the road to help him on a project.

When I got home those posts were deleted. I do not care that they were deleted. I am just curious WHY?

I am pleased that this forum gave me an unexpected tip about a sale. No, I am more than pleased. I am stoked that I saved a load of cash.

I am just curious why when I logged back in those posts were gone.
kamont

Re: Just Curious

Post by kamont »

I was wondering the same thing.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Off site links are not always appreciated. More than likely a smart moderator seen that it was over and deleted link. A smart move by a good moderator. CHEERS!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Wheelie that is exactly what I did . Saw that the auction was over . Felt there was no need people chasing their tails trying to get the cheaper C2 because they were sold . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

Finally got a tracking number on the cheaply priced Ebay C2 Crank, and it said that it just got scanned today in China. That does not make me feel good. We will see.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

:shock: Can you contact your C/C company or paypall if you chose that route and quickly cancel the transaction ?

It's common to get less than you bargained for when things like this happen. :roll:

Gene :( :roll:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I believe he is referring to the original post here on the site, as far as I understand it, his transaction for the C2 went well. :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Well, not really :roll: . Canceled the purchase as the "seller" was not in PayPal system and could not be contacted by E-Bay or PayPal. I wish to apologize to all on the forum for not letting other know what happened. :oops: Did get one for $70 and am happy about that, not as good a price but happy and are in North America. Tried to pull post before to late. Again Sorry.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

mreyner wrote:Well, not really :roll: . Canceled the purchase as the "seller" was not in PayPal system and could not be contacted by E-Bay or PayPal. I wish to apologize to all on the forum for not letting other know what happened. :oops: Did get one for $70 and am happy about that, not as good a price but happy and are in North America. Tried to pull post before to late. Again Sorry.
Seems to be a lot of scams out of China now. I ordered two drill chucks for my coil building machine off Amazon just for spares. Said I would have them in a month. Two different sellers. I filed a complaint after 1 1/2 months and both sellers pleaded with me to wait that they would make it right. Three months later when I decide to do something about it, they are long gone and nowhere to be found. New seller a month ago so I ordered one more and it seems it is going to happen again. Chucks are only worth $5. and free shipping but that's not the point. I have order 100's of things that came out of China and this is the first trouble. CHEERS!

New edit Saturday April 8th. I did finally get the 3rd chuck I ordered a month ago from a new china seller. Ended up because of the first two that I got burned for instead of $4.50 one cost me $14. Just glad I finally got one. CHEERS!
Last edited by wheelie on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rattlerun

Post by rattlerun »

I am one of the "Lucky" guys to have ordered from Ebay a C2 crank for under $50. Still haven't gotten it yet, but I know that it make take some time to ship from China. USPS tracking said it was scanned in China April 1st. I have filed with Ebay to start the process of getting a refund, and they have given me until the 1st of May to ask for a refund. My question - Did anybody from this forum order any of the other 4 cranks available? And have you heard anything more than I have, or received it?
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Yes I did and after talking with both E-Bay and PayPal canceled my order as was told that an "account" could not be confirmed from the sellers side.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

IIbought ray-ban glasses on sale for 70 bucks and they were 350 bucks..

here they scammed the ray-ban site using their site andglasses came from china.

the glasses fell apart in my hand worth 3 bucks..

hard lesson they are using the usa sites ..
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I've bought numerous things from China through Ebay. The shipping is extremely slow and that's not the seller's fault. The product I've bought has been good quality and cheaper because it has eliminated some North American middleman making a 3000% markup.

Feedback is your friend. If the seller is new in business he has no reputation to protect. If he has a good reputation he has something to protect. So, you go with sellers who have a track record for honorable dealings. That's actually a precaution that is sound for ALL dealings, from China or otherwise.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Be careful of letting sellers drag out their refunds to you. Some years ago I bought some bad motorcycle parts on eBay, and fell for the sellers sad tale about the economy, being laid off, and how he needed more time to scrape together my refund. What I didn't know, and he did, was that (at the time, don't know if it's still true) PayPal will only support you for refunds sought within 40 days of purchase. After that, you're on your own.
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber