Dr. Stirrup ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donny.brooke

Dr. Stirrup ?

Post by donny.brooke »

Tell me the good the bad about this over the stock stirrup. Also is there cocking aid and silencers any good.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
Rem 700 LSS Mountain 280 Rem.
Normous

Re: Dr. Stirrup ?

Post by Normous »

There are plenty of positive reviews since being introduced almost two years ago.
Here is one thread: copy/paste

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... up#p640423
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Go to Dr.Sturip's web sit and you can see what he has to offer, I 3 bow all with his set ups can't fine anything neg. about them. JMO.
W.M.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I believe the Dr Stirrup kit upgrades any Excalibur except likely less so on the Suppressor.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I think very highly of the kit I received, The bumpers, dampeners, and 4x4 cocking aid work great. I did however remove the stirrup for bowhunting with snow on the ground as I didn't feel very safe trying to use the stirrup while wearing winter boots.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have a Dr. Stirrup on Colton's Micro. It is great. It is well made and does what it says. My only gripe, if you can call it that, is if you break down your bow into the two sub assemblies( riser, limbs, string, and rail, stock, trigger) to transport in a smaller case, Dr. Stirrup is bigger and may not still fit in your case. A small inconvenience .

Post by newbie »

The biggest benefit of the stirrup is that it allows people to cock a heavier draw bow then they could with the stock stirrup. It makes it feel like the next bow down. There is no way I could cock Paul's Mega without that stirrup. Both feet on the bow even with big boots on is not a problem.

Rope cocker is all I use now. I like the double pulleys, it ensures you cock it even and shortens up the pull with the handle design.

the string stops far exceed the OEM style. They are basically an air bag And indestructible. Most people will never wear them out.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

Have the complete set on my 350SE and they work great. Gaston is great to work with and talk to, he does have a "accent" :shock: but don't hold that against him. :lol:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i only have an opinion on the stirrup and it was much to bulky/large after installing it for my liking so went back to original stirrup and much better for me
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

The DB Killers work better than any other string stop to lower noise. The stirrup kills noise as well. The broadhead protector is incorporated in the stirrup and really does work. You can go through brush without fear of having the broadhead and arrow become dislodged. The stirrup also allows you to stand your crossbow up on it's nose which is great when you are walking and calling like you do moose hunting. Probably the best aspect of the stirrup is that you use both feet on either side, negating any possibility of shoving a broadhead, or a field point for that matter, through your foot. Before you think to yourself "it ain't gonna happen", be informed that many have done just that! :shock:
The rope cocker allows all 4 fingers to fully hold the handles where most only allow 2 fingers. Also, it sits straight up giving you better/closer access to the handles.
Anyone interested in knowing more should look at Gaston's Utube videos.
This is the long version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKRw37fgvc

This is the short version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbxz3KEAqEQ
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:The DB Killers work better than any other string stop to lower noise. The stirrup kills noise as well. The broadhead protector is incorporated in the stirrup and really does work. You can go through brush without fear of having the broadhead and arrow become dislodged. The stirrup also allows you to stand your crossbow up on it's nose which is great when you are walking and calling like you do moose hunting. Probably the best aspect of the stirrup is that you use both feet on either side, negating any possibility of shoving a broadhead, or a field point for that matter, through your foot. Before you think to yourself "it ain't gonna happen", be informed that many have done just that! :shock:
The rope cocker allows all 4 fingers to fully hold the handles where most only allow 2 fingers. Also, it sits straight up giving you better/closer access to the handles.
Anyone interested in knowing more should look at Gaston's Utube videos.
This is the long version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKRw37fgvc

This is the short version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbxz3KEAqEQ
or.....
attend Boofeat and enjoy the demonstration live :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
donny.brooke

Post by donny.brooke »

mreyner wrote:Have the complete set on my 350SE and they work great. Gaston is great to work with and talk to, he does have a "accent" :shock: but don't hold that against him. :lol:
Im sure when I talk to him I have an accent lol.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
Rem 700 LSS Mountain 280 Rem.