Wanted =Honest opinions on Hawke scope.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Wanted =Honest opinions on Hawke scope.

Post by BrotherRon »

I currently have the ShadowZone on my Matrix 310/330.
It is a bit big, but the TactZone wouldn't dial down enough for the 310 riser and limbs. I am considering upgrading to a Hawke scope.Opinions on which one would be best for hunting and target shooting. I shoot from 20 to 50 yards currently with great consistency target practicing, but normal hunting in thick woods is generally under 30 yards. Is it really worth the extra money to upgrade? Which one would best fit my needs without going overboard?

Thanks
Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
bubba

Re: Wanted =Honest opinions on Hawke scope.

Post by bubba »

My simple opinion, i own two xb-30 pros. And am completely satisfied.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

I upgraded my Dead Zone on my M350 to a Hawke XB 30 . Glass is clearer and recticle is better .Also illuminated.Dead Zone will kill a deer bu I could tell it was definitely lacking the wow factor. Don't regret my upgrade one bit.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Love my XB Pro
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Well, there you go Ron ! As I told you in our PM's, and many here seem to agree with. X30's are awesome scopes.

I have XB30 Pros on two of my Excal's and would love to find one more as at my age, my aging eyes really appreciate the XB'xs quality and excellent glass....

It falls back to the old saying "You Get What You Pay For". :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

My only issue with them, and I've had two, are that in low light inside of a canopy of trees they can be a bit dim.. also the two that I had were very clear in the center of the lens but as you looked at the edges they were blurred.... the scope themselves are well made and have a lifetime warranty and Hawke Optics is an easy company to deal with...

Just my .02
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hawke scopes i have had a few, had the XB1 n it was broke out of the box on Illumination. The 2nd one XB1 i got 2 yrs later worked fine. The Horton 2x7 Hawke i have now works fine. Jus depends on is it a want or a need to up grade? Always have to consider the fps ring to allow the speed of yer model. Fer my Huntin area 0-40 yds my Leupold 2x7 shotgun heavy duplex is the cats meow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have an older XB-1 on my Vortex and a newer XB30 Pro on my MIcro. The XB1 is not as clear at the edges as described above but the XB30 is perfectly clear all croos the reticle. The XB1 has red/green illumination, the XB30 is red only - but is infinitley adjustable in brightness, which is very nice IMO.

Just my opinion, but the illuminated reticle is very very helpful in low light. Shot 2 deer last year at teh edges of daylight and it made the differnce
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

I'd probably buy a Hawke scope if I could ever find a place that has them here in Canada, but they are so expensive here in the North. Does anyone in Eastern Ontario even carry them? I just can't buy something like this without seeing it first.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

While the original scope that came with my M 380 was "ok", it was just that.
I put the Hawke XB 30 Compact on her, and have never looked back.
Crystal clear, great light gathering and two colors of illumination.
I shoot commonly to 100 yards, and that scope is largely the reason why.

Only wish I had bought 2 before they were discontinued. So now I am on constant watch for another used one... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Thanks for all the info everyone.
Guess I will upgrade to a Hawke soon as the funds allow :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Wyvernnes had a good price when I got mine.quite a bit cheaper than the average Internet posted prices; you just have to call them to get the price. Good luck.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Timmypo1

Post by Timmypo1 »

I feel the XB-30 pro sr was a definite upgrade from the Tac-zone that came on my micro. I've compared it to a leupold VX1 and 2 I have on rifles and it's clearer than the VX1 and on par with the VX2... My eyes... Wyvern creations was by far the best price I could find and awesome people to deal with.
Micro 355
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Quintehunter wrote:I'd probably buy a Hawke scope if I could ever find a place that has them here in Canada, but they are so expensive here in the North. Does anyone in Eastern Ontario even carry them? I just can't buy something like this without seeing it first.
Quinterhunter
I bought my xb30 pro on line from
Amazon.com $329 out the door Canadian
Last year Easthill outdoors in Orono wanted $529
Fur the same scope there's also a couple other places in Peter patch that carry them but expect to pay more!